Why does Samsung TV screen turn dark while watching?
There may be several possible reasons that can cause dark image in your Samsung TV screen. Screen can become dark due to bad broadcast transmission.
Some major causes for dark image are mentioned below :
● It may be caused by changed picture setting.
● If all channel has different brightness of screen, it would be due to different broadcast programs.
● If the screen mode is set as a movie mode, the screen might be dark.
● Screen mode is a function by which users can adjust the brightness of screen.
● You can choose custom mode, standard mode, natural mode, or movie mode. Change the screen mode to the standard mode.
● The screen may be dark if it is under power saving mode. Turn off the power saving mode. CLICK HERE to know how to turn off power saving mode in Samsung TV.
● The Ambient Light Detection function (also called ECO Sensor on some older models) measures the light in the room and changes the screen brightness automatically to reduce power consumption. The screen will be brighter in a brightly light room and darker in a dark room.
The method for turning this function on or off will differ depending on your model
2016 models or older: System > Eco Solution > Eco Sensor > select On or Off
2017 models or newer: Settings > General > Ambient Light Detection > use the slider to turn on or off
( DIsplay goes dark )
To determine the issue, please refer below:
● It can be caused by weak signal strength and signal quality of connected device.
● You need to check the connected device.
● You may check the connected cable and replace if the problem is caused due to cable.
● It can be adjusted by the picture settings from Menu.
● Also check weather TV is running in Power Saving Mode.
● Press Menu key from remote control and check on screen display.
● There might be a broadcasting problem, change the channel and check by other channels.
● You can also perform Self Diagnosis.
● You can Reset the TV Software.
● You can Update the TV Software.
If issue is not resolved after performing all the above steps, please call 1800 40 SAMSUNG (1800 40 7267864 In India) or Chat with Us for further assistance.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
Check the progress of your repair
Samsung is pleased to offer Chatbot support for Samsung products related queries. You can also choose to connect with our Live Chat agent.
Services available 24 Hours a day / 7 Days a week
We'll respond within 24 hours of your request.
Log in with your Samsung Account and join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In India Only 24 Hours a day / 7 Days a week
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In Bangladesh Only 8AM - 10PM / 7 days a week
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In Sri Lanka
Only 8.30AM - 6.30PM / Mon ~ Sat
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In Nepal Only 8AM - 8PM / 7 Days a week
Dial as per your country
* For any printer related enquiries, please visit the HP website .