To download the latest version of Samsung Pay, Samsung Pay works on Gear by using Near Field Communication (NFC) technology and Magnetic Secure Transmission (MST) technology, allowing users to make payments almost anywhere.
*Gear Sport only supports NFC payment Once you have enabled Samsung Pay on your Gear, you can pay by launching the app, selecting the desired card, and holding your Gear near the payment terminal.
Samsung Pay on your Gear works even if you don’t have your phone with you. Payments are safe as all payments will have to be authenticated by your secure PIN which you can set on your Gear during setup.
Samsung Pay on Gear does not store or share your payment information, so you can pay without worries.
Any Samsung & Non-Samsung phones with Android OS version 5.0 or above which supports the Samsung Gear application.
If you are using a non-Samsung mobile device:
1) Please install Samsung Gear from Google Play Store.
2) Launch Samsung Gear
3) Under "Info" tab, tap on OPEN SAMSUNG PAY / Under "Settings" tab, tap on Samsung Pay
If you are using a Samsung mobile device:
1) Launch Samsung Gear
2) Under "Info" tab, tap on OPEN SAMSUNG PAY / Under "Settings" tab, tap on Samsung Pay
3) If you can't locate Samsung Gear in your device, please install Samsung Gear from Google Play Store or Samsung Galaxy Apps
You can register up to 10 payment cards in Samsung Pay.
You can register your cards through Samsung Gear App.
1. Launch Samsung Gear App on your phone.
2. Connect your phone to Gear via Bluetooth if it is not already connected.
3. Under "Info" tab, tap on OPEN SAMSUNG PAY / Under "Settings" tab, tap on Samsung Pay.
4. Tap on "Add card" shown on the screen to register your card.
* There will be a prompt to set up a secure PIN in your Gear if you have not enabled the secure PIN lock.
5.You can either scan your physical cards or enter your cards details to add your cards in Samsung Pay.
6. Depending on the policies set by your issuing bank, Samsung Pay will prompt you to verify your digital card through a one-time-password (OTP) via SMS or a phone call to the bank.
No. Samsung Pay app in your mobile phone is different from Samsung Pay in Gear app.
You need to register your cards separately in Samsung Gear app in order to use Samsung Pay on your Gear.
Once you have activated Samsung Pay on your Gear and added your cards, simply press and hold the ‘back’ key to launch Samsung Pay. Select your desired payment card, press the Pay button on your Gear and place your Gear over the payment terminal to pay.
1. After putting on your Gear, enter PIN once to authenticate the device.
2. Press and hold the Back button to launch Samsung Pay.
3. The last card used or latest card added will be shown (If you have more than one card added, select the card you want to pay by swiping left or right, or by rotating the bezel to select card)
4. Tap on the "Pay" button to make payment.
5. Place your Gear over the MST or NFC area of the payment terminal to pay.
*Gear Sport only supports NFC payment.
It depends on your card issuer's policies. Please check with your card issuer.
The transaction history is shown in the Samsung Pay app in Samsung Gear.
The “retry” button appears when the countdown timer has reached its end and the device has not detected an MST or NFC payment or has not received a notification of a successful payment.
The “retry” button allows you to restart the payment process, one additional time, without reauthorisation by using your Samsung Pay PIN.
Note: When a MST or NFC transaction is completed, the retry button will not be shown. Additionally, if a payment success notification is received, the retry button will not be shown.
Yes, you can still use Samsung Pay on Gear without connecting it to your phone.
Most cards will allow you to make up to 10 transactions* before you will need to connect to the internet and refresh the Samsung Pay information.
*Please note that the number of transactions depends on your card issuer's policies. Please check with your card issuer.
Each issuer have their own limitation on the number of devices each card can be registered into.
Please try to remove the card from the Samsung Pay on your mobile device and try to add it again in Samsung Pay on your Gear.
Samsung Pay on Gear protects your card information with the advanced security by using tokenisation, KNOX and PIN protection to make secure payments. Cards data is synced to Gear from your mobile device via a secured Bluetooth channel.
Once Samsung Pay is activated on your Gear, your smartwatch will enable the PIN protection. You must enter your PIN each time you put on the Gear, and you won't need to enter your PIN again until you take your Gear off.
Yes. There is only one secure PIN used on the Gear.
If the Gear is strapped on your wrist, you only have to enter the secure PIN once before all subsequent payments. If you take the Gear off your wrist, you have to enter the secure PIN each time before putting the Gear into payment mode.
If your Gear is lost or stolen, your payment information will not be accessible without your secure PIN. For added security, the Samsung 'Find My Mobile' service can remotely lock or delete your payment cards on Samsung Pay.
Both Gear Sport and Gear S3 Gear have the NFC transponder located near the top of the watch. However, only Gear S3 has the magenetic coil in the back for supporting MST Payment.
Device should be placed approximately an inch over the NFC or MST area of the payment terminal in order for the payment to work.
After 10 wrong tries, Samsung Pay for Gear will reset. All information and cards registered on the Gear will be deleted.