How do I remove Pattern Lock code on my phone?
Please Note: The information on this page is for New Zealand products only. Sequences or settings will vary depending on location and/or where the product had been purchased. To be redirected to your local support page please click here.
If you're looking to remove the PIN, Pattern or Password security of your phone and tablet, see the steps below to get started. Please make sure you don't have sensitive or private information saved on your device, and proceed with caution.
To remove the Lock Screen security, we have to go through the Settings to set the new screen lock option to Swipe instead which is usually the only option on most Samsung phones and tablets that doesn't require a PIN, Pattern or Password. Setting your phone or tablet to Swipe only will mean that you have to swipe away the time information before accessing your Home Screen.
Alternatively, you can choose to set the lock screen type to None. This is similar to Swipe but pressing the Home or Power button opens directly to the Home Screen.
Removing the PIN, Pattern or Password will also remove any biometric data you may have saved to your device. You can only use Fingerprints, Face or Iris Unlock methods with a back up PIN, Pattern or Password.
Changing the Lock Screen Type
On older Operating Systems (4.4 - 5)
- Select the My Device or Device tab from the top of the Settings, and look for Lock Screen under Personalisation
On newer Operating Systems (6+)
- Scroll down on the page until you find Lock Screen or Lock Screen & Security - the icon has a little padlock on it
- Swipe: No security. Just swipe the screen to access the Home Screen and apps
- Pattern: Medium Security. Draw a pattern on the Lock Screen to open the Home Screen
- PIN: Medium to High Security. Enter a PIN at least 4 digits long to access your device
- Password: High Security. Enter a mixture of letters and numbers to secure your phone or tablet
- None: Only available on OS 4.4 - 6. No Security. Similar to swipe but pressing the Home or Power button opens directly to the Home Screen
Thank you for your feedback!