Samsung smart watch and phone compatibility
* Please Note, this section is designed to give you basic product troubleshooting information, also refer to your user manual for more information.
Galaxy Wearable is the core for everything related to your Smart watch. However, this app is only available on your phone, which means you need to connect your watch and phone together. Samsung watches are only compatible with certain Android and iOS phones - make sure your phone is compatible before you try setting up your watch.
Note: Your device may not be compatible depending on the region, carrier, or model.
Since it’s a Samsung product, a Galaxy phone will have the most compatibility options. Just be sure to download the Galaxy Wearable app from the Google Play Store.
- Galaxy Watch4: Phones with Android 6.0 or higher with 1.5GB RAM or more are supported.
- Galaxy Watch3, Galaxy Watch Active2, Galaxy Watch Active, Galaxy Watch, Galaxy Fit, Galaxy Fit2, Galaxy Fit e: phones running Android 5.0 or higher with 1.5GB RAM or more are compatible.
- All previous models: Phones with Android 4.3 and RAM 1.5 GB or higher are supported.
Non-Samsung phones running Android can also connect to Galaxy Watch and Gear.
Note: The Samsung Health Monitor app is currently only available on Samsung Galaxy devices.
- Galaxy Watch4: Phone with Android 6.0 or higher, at least 1.5GB RAM and with Google Mobile Services (Google Play, Pay, Maps, Assistant and Youtube Music), Android Go is not compatible*.
- Galaxy Watch3, Galaxy Watch Active2, Galaxy Watch Active, Galaxy Watch, Galaxy Fit, Galaxy Fit2, Galaxy Fit e: Phones with Android 5.0 and RAM 1.5 GB or higher are supported.
- Gear Live, Gear S2, Gear Fit2, Gear Fit2 Pro, Gear S3, Gear Sport: Phones with Android 4.4 and RAM 1.5 GB or higher are supported.
- Gear, Gear 2, Gear S, Gear Fit: These watches are not supported on non-Samsung Android devices.
* Note: Based on platform limitations of Google Wear OS, Galaxy Watch4 series is officially not compatible with Huawei smartphones.
Even though some existing devices of Huawei’s may be connected with our Watch, Google and Samsung are not guarantee any features to work properly.
Don’t fret if you have an iPhone. Many are compatible and can connect to Galaxy Watch or Gear.
- Galaxy Watch4: is not compatible with iOS devices.
- Galaxy Watch, Galaxy Watch Active, Galaxy Watch Active2: iPhones (iPhone5 or later) that have iOS 9 and above are compatible.
- Galaxy Watch3, Galaxy Watch Active2, Galaxy Watch Active, Galaxy Watch, Galaxy Fit, Galaxy Fit2, Galaxy Fite, Gear Live, Gear S2, Gear Fit 2, Gear S3, Gear Sport, Gear Fit2 Pro: iPhones higher than the iPhone 5 running iOS 9 or higher are compatible
- Gear 1, Gear 2, Gear S, Gear Fit: These watches are not supported on iOS.
Note: iPad and iPod touch are not supported. For iPhone 6S and 6S+ running iOS 10 and later, the connection to Gear may be unstable.
You can download the user manual from our Manuals & Downloads page. For all other queries or further technical assistance, please call Samsung Customer Care on 0800 726 786 or Live Chat with our Technical Team online, services are open 24 hours, 7 days.
Please click the submit button below to share your feedback with us. Thank you for your participation.
Thank you for your feedback!
Please answer all questions.