Samsung smart watch and phone compatibility
* Please Note, this section is designed to give you basic product troubleshooting information, also refer to your user manual for more information.
Galaxy Wearable is the core for everything related to your Smart watch. However, this app is only available on your phone, which means you need to connect your watch and phone together. Samsung watches are only compatible with certain Android and iOS phones - make sure your phone is compatible before you try setting up your watch.
Note: Your device may not be compatible depending on the region, carrier, or model.
Since it’s a Samsung product, a Galaxy phone will have the most compatibility options. Just be sure to download the Galaxy Wearable app from the Google Play Store.
- Galaxy Watch: Phones with Android 5.0 and RAM 1.5 GB or higher are supported.
- All previous models: Phones with Android 4.3 and RAM 1.5 GB or higher are supported.
Non-Samsung phones running Android can also connect to Galaxy Watch and Gear. But if you aren’t sure if your phone can connect, here's a convenient list of compatible devices.
- Galaxy Watch, Galaxy Watch Active, Galaxy Watch Active2: Phones with Android 5.0 and RAM 1.5 GB or higher are supported.
- Gear Live, Gear S2, Gear Fit2, Gear Fit2 Pro, Gear S3, Gear Sport: Phones with Android 4.4 and RAM 1.5 GB or higher are supported.
- Gear, Gear 2, Gear S, Gear Fit: These watches are not supported on non-Samsung Android devices.
Don’t fret if you have an iPhone. Many are compatible and can connect to Galaxy Watch or Gear.
- Galaxy Watch, Galaxy Watch Active, Galaxy Watch Active2: iPhones (iPhone5 or later) that have iOS 9 and above are compatible.
- Gear Live, Gear S2, Gear Fit 2, Gear S3, Gear Sport, Gear Fit2 Pro: iPhones (iPhone5 or later) that have iOS 9 and above are compatible.
- Galaxy Fit: iPhone 7 or later running iOS 10 and above are compatible.
- Gear 1, Gear 2, Gear S, Gear Fit: These watches are not supported on iOS.
Note: iPad and iPod touch are not supported. For iPhone 6S and 6S+ running iOS 10 and later, the connection to Gear may be unstable.