Keep your mobile up-to-date, safely and quickly
Upgrade to the latest software available for your phone, and enjoy enhancements like new features, extra speed, improved functionality, OS upgrade and fixed for any bug.
What is benefits of software upgrade?
Release the up-to-date software version continuously for:
1. Improvements of performance and stability.
2. Resolve the potential problems by fixing bugs and errors.
3. OS upgrade and new features experience.
How to check for the latest software version?
Option 1. OTA(over the air) without cable
Go to Settings > (More) > About device > Software update > update
Before upgrade by OTA,
- Recommend using a proper Wi-Fi network to avoid abnormal carrier data fee.
- Make sure to charge the battery (more than 50% capacity) and to have the enough device memory. (at least 1GB )
- Do not remove the battery during upgrade.
- Do not use the rooted device.
Option 2. Computer with a cable
Install the 'Kies' and run it after connecting your phone. Simply follow the instructions shown in the 'Kies' software upgrade menu.
Option 3. Visiting the shops
Samsung Experience Shops(SES) are supporting the Smart Service* with software upgrade. Ask software upgrade service to Samsung experience Consultant at Samsung Experience Shop; you can enjoy the Samsung device, its accessories and contents freely during the upgrade time.
* Smart Service may not be available in some shops under space condition.
- Q. I'm concerned about my personal data loss like contacts and photos after software upgrade.
- A. All user data is preserved after upgrade. However, we recommend you backup the data before upgrade.
- Q. When I use OTA software upgrade wirelessly, I found the packet data is necessary. Does it charge the fee?
- A. It's depend on the policy of your network provider. It's recommended to use the available Wi-Fi network.
Need help? Contact Us for Support.
Call Support 24/7
Just Dial #GALAXY (#425299)
[Free call to all networks]
(02) 422-2177 [Standard Landline]
1-800-10-726-7864 [PLDT Toll Free]
1-800-8-726-7864 [Globe Toll Free]
(02) 422-2111 [Standard Landline]
* For Toll Free numbers, just directly dial 1-800 followed by the network number.