Can you unlock face recognition with a picture on Galaxy device
Face recognition lets you unlock your phone in one quick move. Use the Facial recognition feature to unlock your phone with your face.
Before you try out the recommendations below, be sure to check if your device's software and related apps are updated to the latest version. To update your mobile device's software, follow these steps:
Step 1. Go to Settings > Software update.
Step 2. Tap on Download and install.
Step 3. Follow the on-screen instructions.
When using face recognition to unlock your device, your phone could be unlocked by someone or something that looks like your image. The possibility of the exceptional cases where the current detector can mistake fake images as a live input, the decision logic was already applied to strengthen the anti-spoofing function.
However, there are technical limitations in coping with all spoofing attempts such as high-resolution images. Thus, we do not recommend the usage of face recognition for high-security authentication applications. As Face recognition is less secure than Pattern, Pin, or Password, we recommend using Fingerprint recognition, Pattern, Pin, or Password to lock the device.
Additionally, if you use your face as a screen lock method, your face cannot be used to unlock the screen when turning on the device. You must unlock the screen using a pattern, PIN, or password you set when registering the face. Be careful not to forget your pattern, PIN, or password.
Note: Device screenshots and menus may vary depending on the device model and software version.
Step 1: From Settings, tap Biometrics and security.
Step 2: Tap Face recognition. Tap Continue, and then set up a screen lock if you don't have one already.
Step 3: Choose whether you are wearing glasses, and then tap Continue.
Step 4: Hold the phone 8-20 inches away and position your face inside the circle. Hold the position until the progress bar reaches 100 percent. If needed, remove your glasses to finish the process. When you're done, adjust your desired settings, and then tap OK.
You can now unlock your phone by just looking at it! However, if you’ve set up a lock screen with Face recognition, your screen may request a PIN, Pattern, or Password under the following conditions:
At least once every 24 hours.
If 4 hours have passed without using the device.
If the device has been restarted.
Consider the following when using face recognition:
- If the front camera lens is not clear, face recognition may not work properly. Please clean the lens and try again.
- Glasses, hats, masks, makeup, bangs, and beards can affect the recognition process.
- Make sure your image is not blurry.
- Face recognition is less secure than Pattern, PIN, Iris, or Fingerprint.
- Make sure you are in a well-lit area and the camera lens is clean. When trying face recognition in the dark, screen brightness increases temporarily for better recognition. If you feel this’s inconvenient, please turn off the Bright screen option. On Settings, tap Biometrics and security > Face recognition, turn off Bright screen option.
- For enhanced security, the device only recognizes your face when your eyes are open. If you feel this’s inconvenient, please turn off the ‘Require open eyes’ option. On Settings, tap Biometrics and security > Face recognition, turn off Require open eyes option.
We would love to know your feedback to help us improve. Please click the submit button to tell us what you think.
Thank you for your feedback!
Please answer all questions.