Check out the Galaxy Buds Pro water resistance
Galaxy Buds pro has the highest standard of water resistance of the Galaxy Buds series.
Before you try out below recommendations as to your solutions, be sure to check if your device's software and related apps are updated with latest version. Please check how to update your mobile device's software in following order.
Step 1. Go to Settings > Software update.
Step 2. Tap on Download and install.
Step 3. Follow the on-screen instructions.
IPX7 rated water resistance for your Galaxy Buds Pro
IPX7 rating means that the device is water-resistance when submersed in fresh water at a depth of 1 meter, for up to 30 minutes. However, the earbuds may be damaged if used in conditions inconsistent with the IPX7 standard. Make sure you follow these tips carefully to prevent any potential damage.
- If the devices are exposed to fresh water, dry them thoroughly by wiping them with a clean, soft cloth and shaking them to remove the water from the devices. Also do not expose the device to other liquids, such as salt water, swimming pool water, soapy water, oil, perfume, sunscreen, hand cleaner, chemical products such as cosmetics, ionized water, alcoholic beverage, or acidic liquids, etc.
- If the devices are exposed or immersed to other liquids not clean water, please immediately rinse with the fresh water in a bowl and dry them thoroughly by wiping it with a clean, soft cloth and shaking them to remove the water from the devices. If you do not follow these instructions, the device’s performance including audio sound quality with speaker and appearance may be affected as water may enter the joint of the product.
Precautions to care for your Galaxy Buds Pro in good condition
- Do not wear the device during activities, such as swimming, playing water sports, taking a shower, or while visiting spa or sauna facilities. Doing so can damage the device.
- Do not expose the devices to water moving with force or running water.
- Do not put the devices into a washing machine or drying machine. It is not recommended to use the devices in water.
- Do not immerse the devices in fresh water deeper than 1 m or keep them submerged for more than 30 minutes.
- Your devices have been tested in a controlled environment and certified to be water-resistant in specific situations.
- The charging case does not support water-resistance and is not resistant to sweat and moisture.
Note: Device screenshots and menu may vary depending on the device model and software version.