How to backup or restore data into external storage in Samsung Mobile Device?
With Samsung Cloud and PC, you can backup your data, such as images, contacts, messages, and applications into external storages (i.e. microSD card or USB memory external HDD) via Smart Switch.
To connect USB memory card or external HDD , plug the USB connector (USB Type-C) to the USB power adaptor of the device, follow by USB memory/external HDD into USB connector (USB Type-C).
• When connecting an External HDD to a mobile device with SD card inserted in it, data transfer will be via SD Card instead.
• This article is focusing on Samsung Mobile Device such as Galaxy S9/S9+, Note8 and S8/S8+ with USB Type-C port. The navigation path maybe different for other models.
Backup data to external storage
Restore data from external storage
Thank you for your feedback!
Need help? Contact Us for Support.
Before calling us, there are some information we need to obtain from you. Please get ready with model code, serial number and date of purchase.
Note : Call conversation is recorder for quality, monitoring and/or training purposes for our continuous quality improvement.
#GALAXY (just dial #425299)
[Free access for all Networks ]
(02) 8-422-2177 [Standard Landline]
1-800-10-726-7864 [PLDT Toll Free]
1-800-8-726-7864 [Globe Toll Free]
(02) 8-422-2111 [Standard Landline]
* For Toll Free numbers, just directly dial 1-800 followed by the network number.
**Standard Landline numbers have been updated to comply with the NTC ruling effective October 6, 2019