How to charge the battery of Galaxy device?
There are now a range of options that allow you to charge your smartphone and tablet in whichever way you find the easiest. Charging with a cable is often the fastest and simplest and with Adaptive Fast Charging.
Many new devices also support wireless charging. Since the launch of the S10 you can also share your battery wirelessly with your friends through the innovative PowerShare feature, making sure that you have the power you need wherever you are.
Only use Samsung-approved charging devices. Samsung accessories are designed to maximize the battery life for your phone. Using other accessories may invalidate your warranty and cause damage.
Your device will come with a wired charger in its box. Usually you will have to connect the charging cable to the provided USB plug. For the best performance and fastest charging times, make sure to use the original charger or an official Samsung replacement.
Fast Charging Feature
If you feel that your charging speed may be slow, use the built-in fast charging feature of your device. You cannot use the fast charging feature when you are using a standard charger. It needs to be a Samsung-approved Adaptive Fast Charger.
Authorized fast and super fast charger consists of wired and wireless types. Please view the charger types in the images below.
Samsung authorized wired charger
- Super Fast Charging
- Adaptive Fast Charging
Fast charging on Android OS version 10 (Pie)
Precautions when using Fast Charging Feature
• While charging, you cannot activate or deactivate this feature.
• You cannot use the built-in fast charging feature when you charge the battery using a standard battery charger.
• If the device heats up or the ambient air temperature rises, the charging speed may decrease automatically. This is a normal operating condition to prevent damage to the device.
• Check the USB cable is pushed tightly into the charger. It needs to be pushed all the way in. If not so, fast charging feature do not work and very low capacity for charging will be supplied. Accordingly, the charging speed will decrease and time to charge the battery fully will also take much longer.
Power up without being tied down. When your battery's drained, quick and convenient wireless charging gets your Galaxy Mobile back to 100% without needing to plug it in.
Please Note: Fast wireless charging is automatically activated when you use a fast wireless charger.
To charge your device wirelessly, connect the charging stand's wall charger into a power outlet, and place your phone on the charging stand with the screen facing up. Next, connect the other end of the charger into the back of the charging stand's base. The indicator light on the base will flash blue, green, and cyan when you first connect the cable. Try moving your device around on the wireless charger to establish the strongest connection.
If you're having trouble wirelessly charging it's recommended to remove any cases and covers from your device.
Indicator light colors
- Blue - Charging
- Green - Fully charged
- Cyan - Charging at low power
Precautions for wireless charging
• Do not place the device on the wireless charger with a credit card or radio frequency identification(RFID) card (such as a transportation card or a key card) placed between the back of the device and the device cover.
• Do not place the device on the wireless charger when conductive materials, such as metal object and magnets, are placed between the device and the wireless charger. The device may not charge properly or may overheat, or the device and the cards may be damaged.
• If you use the wireless charger in areas with weak network signals, you may lose network reception.
• Use Samsung-approved wireless chargers. If you use other wireless chargers, the battery may not charger properly.
Wireless PowerShare allows you to charge another compatible device wirelessly using your device's battery.
You can charge both devices simultaneously by plugging in your PowerShare compatible smartphone and then placing the other device on its back, or transfer battery power from your smartphone by placing them together.
Confirm that the phone with PowerShare is charged to at least 30 percent.
If you pull down the notification panel again a message will show that it is charging the connected device. The green Wireless PowerShare icon will also appear on the display bar or on your Always On Display panel.
Compatible Samsung devices
Most Qi-Compatible Samsung devices can be charged with Wireless PowerShare, but check out thet of compatible devices just in case. The speed and power of the charge will vary by device.
Devices that can share power and can also be charged with Wireless PowerShare:
- Galaxy Note20, Note20 Ultra
- Galaxy Fold
- Galaxy Note10 and Note10+
- Galaxy S10e, S10 and S10+
- Galaxy Z Flip
- Galaxy S20, S20+, S20e
Devices that can be charged by Wireless PowerShare:
- Galaxy Buds and Galaxy Buds+
- Galaxy Watch, Gear Sport, and Gear S3
- Galaxy S7/S7 Edge, S8/S8+, S9/S9+, Note8, and Note9
- Galaxy Watch Active, and Galaxy Watch Active2
If you're experiencing unusual behaviour on Samsung mobiles, tablets or wearables, you can send us an error report or ask us a question in the Samsung Members app. This allows us to take a closer look at what is happening.
The data is anonymised and only held for the duration of the investigation. Find out more about sending an error report through the Samsung Members app.
Thank you for your feedback!
Need help? Contact Us for Support.
Television, Audio & Digital Appliances
Available everyday from 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM.
We'll respond within 24 hours of your request.
Contact the dedicated CEO's office.
Before calling us , there are some information we need to obtain from you. Please get ready with model code, serial number and date of purchase.
Note: Call conversation is recorded for quality monitoring and/or training purposes for our continuous quality improvement.
#GALAXY [dial #425299]
[Free access for all Networks]
(02) 8-422-2177 [Standard Landline]
1-800-10-726-7864 [PLDT Toll Free]
1-800-8-726-7864 [Globe Toll Free]
(02) 8-422-2111 [Standard Landline]
Monday to Sunday (8:00 AM to 8:00 PM)
*For Toll Free numbers , just directly dial 1-800 followed by the network number.
** Standard Landline numbers have been updated to comply with the NTC ruling effective October 6, 2019