How to charge the battery of Samsung Mobile Device?
Charge the battery before using it for the first time or when it has been unused for extended periods.
• Use only Samsung-approved chargers, batteries and cables. Unapproved chargers can cause the battery to explode or damage the device
• Connecting the charger improperly may cause serious damage to the device. Any damage caused by misuse is not covered by the warranty.
Note: This article focus on Galaxy models such as Galaxy S8 | S8+ | Note8 |S9 | S9+ | Note9 |S10 | S10+ | S10e | Note10 | Note10+|
Wireless PowerShare feature is only available on Galaxy S10 series.
If you want to charge with a Micro USB cable, connect the Micro USB connector to charge the battery with a Micro USB cable
• Do not plug a Micro USB cable into your device’s multipurpose jack. Doing so may damage the device and the cable
• The Micro USB connector is used for charging the battery and connecting to a computer
You can also use the USB connector(USB type-C) to charge another mobile device with your device’s battery.
Plug the USB connector(USB Type-C) into your device’s multipurpose jack, and connect your device and the other device via the other device’s USB cable.
When charging start, the battery charging icon will appear on the other device’s screen.
Please note: The app selection pop-up window that appears on your device is for data transfer. Do not select an app from the pop-up window
Fast Charging Feature
The device has a built-in fast charging features. For fastest charging times, use the Adaptive Fast Charger that came with your phone.
You can charge the battery more quickly while the device or its screen is turned off.
Important: Only use charging devices and batteries approved by Samsung. Samsung accessories are designed for your phone to maximize battery life. Using other accessories may invalidate your warranty and may cause damage.
If the fast charging feature is not activated, follow these steps:
For Galaxy S10 | S10+ | S10e | Note 10 | Note10+, tap Device Care
Power up without being tied down.
When your battery's drained, quick and convenient wireless charging gets your Galaxy Mobile back to 100% without needing to plug it in.
Advanced wireless charging technology makes this Galaxy essential powerful yet simple to use. Just set your phone down to start charging.
The device has a built-in wireless charging features which you can charge the battery using a Wireless Charger (sold separately).
You can charge your device faster using the fast wireless charging feature.
To use this feature, you must use a charger and components that support the fast wireless charging feature.
If the fast wireless charging feature is not activated, follow these steps:
Precautions for wireless charging
• Do not place the device on the wireless charger with a credit card or radio frequency identification(RFID) card (such as a transportation card or a key card) placed between the back of the device and the device cover.
• Do not place the device on the wireless charger when conductive materials, such as metal object and magnets, are placed between the device and the wireless charger. The device may not charge properly or may overheat, or the device and the cards may be damaged.
• If you use the wireless charger in areas with weak network signals, you may lose network reception.
• Use Samsung-approved wireless chargers. If you use other wireless chargers, the battery may not charger properly.
Learn More Informaation on How to use Wireless PowerShare on Galaxy S10 series.
Thank you for your feedback!
Need help? Contact Us for Support.
Just Dial #GALAXY (#425299)
[Free call to all networks]
(02) 422-2177 [Standard Landline]
1-800-10-726-7864 [PLDT Toll Free]
1-800-8-726-7864 [Globe Toll Free]
(02) 422-2111 [Standard Landline]
Available from 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM
* For Toll Free numbers, just directly dial 1-800 followed by the network number.