I have heard Galaxy J7 Pro has Blue light filter option. What is Blue light filter option?
The blue light filter will decrease the amount of blue light displayed by the device’s screen.
It reduces the blue light which can suppress the production of melatonin (sleep-inducing hormone) and help users sleep better.
Note : While you are watching HDR videos from HDR-exclusive video services, such as Amazon video, the blue light filter will not be applied
※ Blue light filter can be applied manually or automatically
- Manually : Setting or quick panel
- Automatically : User schedule or automatic schedule (sunrise and sunset time of the location)
Blue light : Blue light is a light which has a wavelength of between approximately 380nm and 495nm. It has a very short wavelength, and so produces a higher amount of energy.
Studies suggest that, over time, exposure to the blue light spectrum could cause serious long-term damage to your eyes.
Exposure to blue light suppresses the production of the sleep hormone melatonin and can cause sleep disorders. There are some people using 3rd party blue light filter app to prevent it.
The blue light filter will adjust the screen’s lights to reduce eye strain while you are looking at the screen.
• Sunset to sunrise : Set the device to apply the blue light filter at night and turn it off in the morning, based on your location.
• Custom schedule: Set a specific time to apply the blue light filter.
Thank you for your feedback!
Need help? Contact Us for Support.
Just Dial #GALAXY (#425299)
[Free call to all networks]
(02) 422-2177 [Standard Landline]
1-800-10-726-7864 [PLDT Toll Free]
1-800-8-726-7864 [Globe Toll Free]
(02) 422-2111 [Standard Landline]
Available from 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM
* For Toll Free numbers, just directly dial 1-800 followed by the network number.