What is SE for Android?
Security Enhancements for Android (SE for Android) prevents apps or processes from accessing data and resources that they are not allowed to. For example, apps outside the Knox container are not allowed to access app data inside the container.
SE for Android provides a Mandatory Access Control (MAC) over traditional Discretionary Access Control (DAC) environments. SE for Android can grant special privileges based specific EMM policies. In DAC environments, since SE for Android controls access of kernel resources, certain apps may not run as intended. Samsung’s MAC feature allows your apps to run properly alongside SE for Android.
About Samsung Knox
Samsung KNOX provides the benefit of enterprise data security while keeping personal information private:
• The Samsung KNOX container delivers a distinct interface.
• Your personal apps, photos, emails, and texts are kept separate from the Samsung KNOX container. They are secure and private from enterprise IT administrators.
• IT administrators can access important corporate files and email inside the Samsung KNOX container on your device.
• Samsung KNOX Apps allows you to easily and securely download business apps to the Samsung KNOX container.
Knox Security Updates
New versions of Knox are tied to a specific Android Operating System. Each time you upgrade your OS, Knox is also upgraded
For example, if you recently upgraded your device to Android Pie, your Knox version is also automatically upgraded to Knox 3.2.1. To check if your device is capable of a Knox upgrade.
ㆍSecurity Enhancement - Protects device resources and data from unauthorized access
ㆍRuntime Protection & Encryption - inspect the core software of the OS. These checks ensure that requests to bypass device security are blocked and sensitive data is protected.
ㆍTrustzone Architecture - verifies the integrity of the kernel on a continuous basis
ㆍSecure/Trusted Boot and Hardware Root of Trust - ensures that the device boots only from an authorized kernel, and not from a hacked or rooted kernel
Thank you for your feedback!
Need help? Contact Us for Support.
Just Dial #GALAXY (#425299)
[Free call to all networks]
(02) 422-2177 [Standard Landline]
1-800-10-726-7864 [PLDT Toll Free]
1-800-8-726-7864 [Globe Toll Free]
(02) 422-2111 [Standard Landline]
Available from 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM
* For Toll Free numbers, just directly dial 1-800 followed by the network number.