What to do if Samsung Mobile device heat up while charging and stops when it is not fully charged?
During wireless or fast charging, the device and charger may become hot but this does not affect the device's lifespan or performance. If the battery becomes too hot, the charger may stop charging.
Tips and Precautions when charging battery
• When using wireless charger, do not place foreign materials, such as metal objects, magnets, and magnetic stripe cards, between the device and the wireless charger. Especially, do not place cards such as RFID card , credit card, door lock card between device and back cover. The device may not charge properly or may overheat and cause damages
• Use only Samsung-approved chargers, batteries, and cables. Unapproved chargers including car chargers or cables may cause performance problems and malfunctions or damage the device that are not covered by the warranty.
• Using Non Samsung-approved products (eg : wireless charger, USB cables, car chargers, Micro USB Connector, USB power adaptor) that are not guaranteed to be compatible may cause damage to the product.
• If the lower part of the device overheat, it could be due to faulty USB cable. Replace the damaged USB cable with a new Samsung-approved one
• Be careful not to let foreign objects enter the charger connector (connector, plug). It may cause overheating due to corrosion or temporary short-circuit of power terminal
• If the device is charged while the multipurpose jack is wet, it may cause damage to the device. Thoroughly dry the multipurpose jack before charging
Thank you for your feedback!
Need help? Contact Us for Support.
Television, Audio & Digital Appliances
Available everyday from 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM.
Live Chat will not be available from 5:00 am to 8:00 am on October 24, 2020 due to system maintenance. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
We'll respond within 24 hours of your request.
Contact the dedicated CEO's office.
Before calling us , there are some information we need to obtain from you. Please get ready with model code, serial number and date of purchase.
Note: Call conversation is recorded for quality monitoring and/or training purposes for our continuous quality improvement.
#GALAXY [dial #425299]
[Free access for all Networks]
(02) 8-422-2177 [Standard Landline]
1-800-10-726-7864 [PLDT Toll Free]
1-800-8-726-7864 [Globe Toll Free]
(02) 8-422-2111 [Standard Landline]
Monday to Sunday (8:00 AM to 8:00 PM)
*For Toll Free numbers , just directly dial 1-800 followed by the network number.
** Standard Landline numbers have been updated to comply with the NTC ruling effective October 6, 2019