Connection Guide for Samsung Premiere projector
You can watch live broadcasts by connecting an antenna cable to your Projector and can get access to the Internet by using a LAN cable or wireless access point. Using various connectors, you can also connect external devices.
Press the Home button on your remote and then navigate to Source then select Connection Guide.
You can view detailed information on how to connect various external devices such as video devices, game consoles, and PC. If you select the connection method and an external device, the connection details appear.
- Audio Device: HDMI (ARC), Optical, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Speaker Surround Setup. Please note that HDMI (ARC) is supported by some models. Check the HDMI port name of the purchased product's model.
- Video Device: HDMI.
- Smartphone: Screen Sharing (Smart View), SmartThings, Apple AirPlay, Tap View.
- PC: HDMI, Screen Sharing (Wireless), Apple AirPlay.
- Input Device: Remote Control, Keyboard, Mouse, USB Gamepad, Bluetooth Device.
- Game Console: HDMI.
- External Storage: USB Flash Drive, Hard Disk Drive (HDD).
- Using HDMI Troubleshooting, you can check the connection to HDMI cable and external devices (takes approximately 2 minutes).
- The connection method and available external devices may differ depending on the model or geographical area.
- The image on your projector may differ from the image depending on the model and geographical area.
You can connect an antenna cable to your projector. Please note that an antenna connection is not necessary if you connect a cable box or satellite box.
The steps below outline how to connect your projector to a wireless Wi-Fi network, or a wired connection.
Connect to a Wi-Fi network
Make sure you have your wireless network name (SSID) and password before trying to connect.
Step 1. Press the Menu button on your Samsung remote control and go to Settings > General and select Network.
Step 2. Select the Open Network Settings option and select the name of your Wi-Fi network.
Step 3. Select Wireless and it will detect wireless network automatically. If your internet connection is not detected during the initial setup, select Refresh to update the list until your internet network is detected.
Step 4. Enter the password for your Wi-Fi network, select Done and then select OK.
- The image on your projector may differ from the image above depending on the model and software version.
- If no wireless access point is found, select Add Network at the bottom of the list and enter the network name (SSID).
- If your wireless access point has a WPS or PBC button, select Use WPS at the bottom of the list, and then push the WPS or PBC button on your access point within 2 minutes. The projector will connect automatically.
- To view or delete previously connected network names (SSIDs), move the focus to Manage Saved Networks, and then press the Select button.
Connect to a wired network
Step 1. Press the Home screen button on your Samsung remote control and go to Settings > General and select Network.
Step 2. Select Open Network Settings.
Step 3. Select OK and you will be connected to the internet.
If you connect a LAN cable, the projector automatically accesses the internet.
- Use a CAT 7 STP (* Shielded Twisted Pair) type cable for the connection.
- The Projector will not be able to connect to the Internet if your network speed is below 10 Mbps.
Checking the internet connection status
View the current network and Internet status. Select Settings > General > Network > Network Status.
Restore the network settings to the factory default. Select Settings > General > Network > Reset Network.
Turn on the projector with a mobile device
You can turn on the projector using a mobile device connected to the same network as the projector. This function is available with a mobile device connected to the projector through the SmartThings app or the Apple AirPlay function. Select Settings > General > Network > Expert Settings > Power On with Mobile.
Connect an IP control device to the projector
You can connect an IP control device to the projector remotely to manage your IP device. Select Settings > General > Network > Expert Settings IP Remote.
- To use this function, Power On with Mobile must be turned on.
- Turning this feature on may allow other IP control devices to control your projector. We recommend turning this feature on only if an authorized third-party custom controller is installed and configures specifically for a Samsung projector and if your Wi-Fi network is password protected.
- This function may not be supported depending on the model or geographical area.
We would love to know your feedback to help us improve. Please click the submit button to tell us what you think.
Thank you for your feedback!
Please answer all questions.