What Is The Best Format For Viewing, 4:3 Or 16:9 (Widescreen)?
The best format for viewing depends on the format of the program you are watching. If you are watching a program that is being broadcast in the standard, 4:3 format, use 4:3. If you are watching a program that is being broadcast in the widescreen (16:9) format, use widescreen.
Note 1: Analog channels always broadcast in the 4:3 format and never broadcast in the 16:9 format. HDTV channels broadcast most of the time in the 16:9 format.
Note 2: Even though 4:3 and 16:9 are the two standard size formats, if you don't like the size of the picture you are watching, you can often change it to one of several other sizes. For information about the changing the screen size see below info.
Size: Your cable box/satellite receiver may have its own set of screen sizes as well. However, we highly recommend you use 16:9 mode most of the time.
16:9 : Sets the picture to 16:9 wide mode.
Wide Zoom : Magnifies the picture size more than 4:3.
- Adjusts the Position by using ▲, ▼ buttons.
Zoom : Magnifies the 16:9 wide pictures vertically to fit the screen size.
4:3 : Sets the picture to basic (4:3) mode.
- Do not watch in 4:3 format for a long time. Traces of borders displayed on the left, right and centre of the screen may cause image retention (screen burn) which are not covered by the warranty.
Screen Fit : Displays the full image without any cut-off when HDMI (720p / 1080i / 1080p) or Component (1080i / 1080p) signals are inputted.
- After selecting Screen Fit in HDMI (1080i / 1080p) or Component (1080i / 1080p) mode: Adjusts the Position or Size by using ▲, ▼, button.
- Depending on the input source, the picture size options may vary.
- The available items may differ depending on the selected mode.
- Settings can be adjusted and stored for each external device connected to an input on the TV.
- If you use the Screen Fit function with HDMI 720p input, 1 line will be cut at the top, bottom, left and right as in the overscan function.
Thank you for your feedback!
Need help? Contact Us for Support.
Just Dial #GALAXY (#425299)
[Free call to all networks]
(02) 422-2177 [Standard Landline]
1-800-10-726-7864 [PLDT Toll Free]
1-800-8-726-7864 [Globe Toll Free]
(02) 422-2111 [Standard Landline]
Available from 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM
* For Toll Free numbers, just directly dial 1-800 followed by the network number.