What is Bixby Vision and how to use it?
In this FAQ:
• What is Bixby?
• How to set up Bixby?
• How to open Bixby Vision?
• How to adjust Bixby Vision Settings?
• How to translate or extract text with Bixby Vision?
• How to search for images using Bixby Vision?
What is Bixby?
Bixby is an artificial intelligence assistant, available on Galaxy S8 and later models, designed to help you accomplished more from a
It offers the following 4 key features:
• Home: This is the main page of Bixby which studies the user’s behaviours and recommends content suitable in different circumstances, ensuring convenient use. To access Bixby Home, you can swipe right on the home screen or press the Bixby button located on the side of your device
• Voice: Allows you control your phone and apps using voice control
• Vision: Recognises object images, provides information related to the recognised images, searches for shopping items, and offers translations
• Reminder: Memorises requests made by the user, and notifies the user of them according to the set time, location, and situation
Supported languages are: English, Korean and Chinese
• This article is using Galaxy S9/S9+ as an example. The navigation path might be slightly different for models such as Galaxy Note9, Note8 and S8/S8+
• To use this feature, the device must be connected to a Wi-Fi or mobile network
• You must register and sign in to your Samsung account
• Available features may vary depending on the region or service provider
• This feature may not be available or you may not get correct search results depending on the image size, format, or resolution
How to set up Bixby?
Bixby adapts automatically to the user but can also be manually customised to display preferred information.
Please note: You must have a Samsung account and your device must be connected to a WiFI or Mobile network
Select Auto and tap Bixby Vision icon
Review and accept terms and conditions
Grant permission to take pictures and video
Grant permission to access pictures and video
Grant permission to access device's location
Add Bixby Vision to Home and Apps screen
Tap Camera app
Tap Bixby Vision icon
Tap More option
Adjust specific settings
Tap Text Icon
Selected text is translated
Tap Image to search for similar images
Display a list of similar images
Please note: For Galaxy Note9 and Note8, you can also the S Pen to hover over the content to search for similar images, locations, text translation and more
• Open the Air Command panel and tap Bixby Vision
• Hover the S Pen over the content
• Select the relevant icon (eg:- Text, Image, Place, Wine, QR Code)
• To close Bixby Vision, tap X icon on the Bixby Vision panel (Beside the Settings text on the top right corner of the screen)
For more information on Bixby: http://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/apps/bixby/
Thank you for your feedback!
Need more help? Contact Us.
For other Products Enquires
Monday to Sunday (Including Public Holidays)
Open 24 hours
* For any printer related enquiries, please visit HP website .
Find out more about how you can get face-to-face help.