How Do I use the Bluetooth feature on my Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini?
Bluetooth is a wireless connectivity feature that has a short range and low power consumption. This makes it the perfect medium for sending information between devices in the same room.
Using Bluetooth, you'll be able to connect to a wireless headset and entertainment devices like wireless speakers. You can connect to many car infotainment systems and share your device’s contacts and music. You can share content, such as photos and contact cards, between two mobile devices.
Connect to a Bluetooth Device
1. To connect to a Bluetooth device, turn on the Bluetooth device you want to connect to, and make sure it is in discoverable mode.
2. To turn on Bluetooth on your mobile device, open the Notification Panel by swiping your finger from the top of the screen to the bottom, and touch the Bluetooth shortcut. You may have to swipe the Quick Panel to the right to display the Bluetooth shortcut. When the Bluetooth transmitter is turned on, the icon will appear green.
3. Your mobile device will begin scanning for any available Bluetooth enabled devices. If your device is on and in discoverable mode, it will show up in the list under Available devices.
4. Touch your device in the Available devices list. If requested, verify the passkey matches on both devices and touch OK. If you are connecting to an older Bluetooth device, you may be asked for a PIN. The default PIN for many devices is four zeros—0000. Some devices have PINs specific to the device. The PIN will be in the device’s documentation.
Mark the checkbox next to Not visible to other Bluetooth devices or Only visible to paired devices to allow your device to be seen by other devices. When the box is marked, a timeout is shown next to Visible to all nearby Bluetooth devices. If the time reaches 0:00, mark the box again to reset the timer.
To unpair a device you have connected to:
1. From the Home screen, touch Menu > Settings > Connections > Bluetooth .
2. Touch Settings next to the device in the Paired devices list, and then touch Unpair.
3. The other options available on this screen will vary depending on the device you are connected to. You can touch Rename to change the name of the device. You can mark or unmark the profiles supported by the device to turn each profile on or off.
Many of the applications on your device let you share content via Bluetooth.
1. When using apps like Gallery and Internet, touch Share or touch Menu and look for Share or Share via.
2. When you touch Share or Share via, Bluetooth will be listed as an option. Touch Bluetooth and select a device to share with. The other device will need to accept the transfer request.
When another device sends content to your mobile device, you will see a File transfer request letting you know the device’s Bluetooth name and requesting you either Accept or Decline the request to connect. After you accept the request, the content will be downloaded from the sender and stored on your device in Apps > My Files > All files > Bluetooth. You can also see the transferred files by opening the Notification Panel and touching the received file notification.
Note: If you have installed a microSD™ card, select All files > Device storage > Bluetooth.
Additional Bluetooth Settings
From the Bluetooth menu, touch Menu to access the following options:
• Visibility timeout: Adjust the timeout your device uses when you set it to be visible to all nearby Bluetooth devices.
• Received files: Open the location where received Bluetooth files are stored.
• Rename device: Change the name of your device.
• Help: Access tutorials for your device's Bluetooth feature.
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
Tweet us, 8am-5pm, 7 days a week.
Comment on our page between, 8am-5pm,
7 days a week.
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert
We will aim to respond within 24 hours for general inquiry or technical support
Check the status of your repair with Samsung
A new way to get the answers you want.
Incredible technology with even more amazing support.
The Samsung Interactive guide is the latest and greatest way to get the support you need, when you want.
Contact the dedicated CEO's Office for any suggestions on how Samsung can assist you better
Welcome to Cyber Service
24 hours a day / 7 days a week
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .