How do I connect to devices from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 over Wi-Fi?
Your device can connect to and share media with DLNA-enabled devices, such as TVs and projectors. Your device can also connect to and play media from your device to DLNA-enabled devices.
The nearby devices (or Nearby devices tab) will not display if no devices are detected. You must also be connected to the same Wi-Fi access point as the device you are attempting to access.
Connect to nearby DLNA-compatible devices
There are several ways to connect to nearby devices and play media stored on those devices from your device. When you open a media app on your device, such as Gallery, Music, or Video, nearby devices will be displayed in their own tab. In the example below we are accessing a DLNA device from the Gallery.
If the device you are trying to connect to is not detected, and you are sure it is connected to the same Wi-Fi access point, touch Menu > Scan for nearby devices.
Touch a device in the list to browse its content and then touch an item to play it on your device. Or, to download an item to your device, touch and hold the item and then touch Download.
Sharing from your device
To connect to your device from other DLNA devices turn on the sharing feature. You will receive a request when a nearby device recognises that you have chosen to share content. Approve access by touching OK or reject access by touching Cancel.
Note: when you turn on File sharing, any device connected to the same Wi-Fi access point may be able to access and view the content you decide to share. This includes public Wi-Fi access points you may use at a coffee shop or a hotel. We recommend that you turn off File sharing when it is not in use.
1. From the Home screen touch Menu > Settings > Connections > Nearby devices .
2. Touch the switch to turn Nearby devices on .
3. Touch Shared contents and mark the media you want to share with other devices.
4. Touch Allowed devices list to view devices you have approved access for. You can approve access for up to 10 devices. To remove access for a device mark the device's checkbox and touch Delete.
5. Touch Not-allowed devices list to view devices you have rejected access for. If you decide you want to approve a device mark the device's checkbox and touch Delete. The next time the device is in range you will receive an access request again. Touch OK to approve access.
6. Touch Download to, and select the preferred storage location for media you download from other devices.
7. Touch Upload from other devices to select how your device should handle requests to upload content from a remote device. Choose Always accept, Always ask or Always reject.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
Tweet us | 9am-9pm, 7 days a week.
We are here to help | 9am-9pm, 7 days a week.
Monday to Sunday | 8am to 10pm
SmartThings Monday to Friday | 9am to 5:30pm
We'll respond within 24 hours of your request.
Check the status of your repair with Samsung
Help with Hubs, Kits, Sensor and Outlets
Monday to Sunday | 8am to 10pm
Monday to Friday | 9am to 6pm
Calls to 0818 numbers are a National Call number.
These are subject to call charges which vary by network and are subject to change.
Calls maybe recorded for training and quality purposes.
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website.
Find out more about how you can get face to face help.