How do I connect my HW-J355 Wireless Soundbar to my TV?
What TVs can I connect to?
~~Samsung TVs supporting the SoundConnect function. (steps below)
~~Other compatible TVs that support a Bluetooth connection (steps below)
~~TVs with an Audio or Optical connection (see below)
Connecting to a Samsung TV with SoundConnect
Follow the below steps to connect to your Samsung TV:
1. Turn on the TV and Soundbar
2. Go into your TV Menu settings, and select Sound > Speaker Settings > Add New Device
3. Press the Source button on the soundbar's top panel or remote control and select TV mode.
4. You will see a message on the TV asking you whether you wish to connect the TV SoundConnect function. Select Yes. Your soundbar will now connect to your TV
Note that if the distance between the TV and the Soundbar exceeds 5m, the connection may not be stable and the audio may stutter.
Connecting via Bluetooth
1. Press the Source button on the main unit's top panel or on the remote control
2. Select BT Mode.
3. You will see BT READY on the front display of the soundbar
4. You will now need to open Bluetooth on the TV or other device you wish to connect to. (Refer to the manual or customer website for that device for details on how to use Bluetooth on that particular device).
You should see a list of scanned devices.
5. Select [Samsung] Soundbar J-Series from the list. If you are asked for a PIN code when connecting the device, enter 0000
The soundbar should now connect.
If it fails to connect, delete the previous [Samsung] Soundbar J-Series from the list of devices and have the TV or Bluetooth device you are using search for the soundbar again.
The Soundbar may not perform Bluetooth search or connection properly if there is a strong electrical field around the soundbar, or if several Bluetooth devices are simultaneously paired with it.
Also note that devices such as microwaves, wireless LAN adaptors, fluorescent lights and some gas stoves can use the same frequency range as the Bluetooth device which can cause electric interference.
Connecting via an Audio Cable or Optical Cable
If your TV does not have Bluetooth or SoundConnect, the soundbar includes an optical in digital jack and an audio analog in jack, allowing you to use either an Audio Cable or an Optical Cable to connect to your TV.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
Tweet us | 9am-9pm, 7 days a week.
We are here to help | 9am-9pm, 7 days a week.
Monday to Sunday | 8am to 10pm
SmartThings Monday to Friday | 9am to 5:30pm
We'll respond within 24 hours of your request.
Check the status of your repair with Samsung
Help with Hubs, Kits, Sensor and Outlets
Monday to Sunday | 8am to 10pm
Monday to Friday | 9am to 6pm
Calls to 0818 numbers are a National Call number.
These are subject to call charges which vary by network and are subject to change.
Calls maybe recorded for training and quality purposes.
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website.
Find out more about how you can get face to face help.