Scroll vs. Reciprocatory Compressor
● Scroll Compressor has a moving scroll which creates pressure.The motion of a scroll compressor is as shown below:
● A Reciprocating Compressor uses piston cylinder to compress the refrigerant gas. The basic diagram of a reciprocating compressor is shown below:
Which one is better?
● Scroll Compressors are More Efficient
● Scroll compressors run quieter and smoother than reciprocating compressors because they only have two moving parts: a fixed and orbital scroll.
● Fewer parts make the scroll compressor energy efficient, highly reliable, and less prone to mechanical failure.
● Low-cost manufacturing of scroll compressors make replacement more cost-efficient than repair.
Thank you for your feedback!
Please answer all questions.