What is the best height for Air-con Installation?
The proper room size is 10`L X10`W X10`H for 1 Ton Air-con.
In a 10 feet high room, a split type AC should be installed at 7 -8 feet for the best cooling performance. For a window type AC, the best height is 3-4 feet from the floor. If you are fixing the AC very close to the wall or in an airtight room it will trip due to high head pressure, as heat dissipation can't happen. Distance must be more than 900 mm after fixing the air-con and top of the shaft should not be closed.
Details of AC installation are following.
● Make sure that you install the unit in an area that provides good ventilation. The air conditioner must not be blocked by any obstacle affecting the air flow near the air inlet and air outlet.
● Make sure that you install the unit in an area which can endure the weight and vibration of the unit.
● Make sure that you install the unit away from heat or vapour.
● Make sure that you install the unit in an area where the cold air can evenly spread in a room.
● Make sure that you install the unit in an area which provides easy drainage for condensed water.
● Make sure that you install the unit in an area not exposed to rain or direct sunlight. (Install a separate sunblind if exposed to direct sunlight.)
● Do not install the unit in an area subjected to noise or vibration amplification which may affect your neighbour.
Installation Parameters For Window Air-con
Note: To avoid any leakage, please see the below picture showing how to set up the proper drain system.
Installation Parameters For Split Air-con
Note: Improper Installation may bring the following problems:
● Less cooling
● Improper cooling
● Less cold air circulation
For best results, get the air-con installed by company installation team only.