How to fast charge your Galaxy phone
The latest Galaxy mobile devices are equipped with an internal coil for wireless fast charging and wired adaptive fast charging, a built-in feature that allows the battery to charge much quicker.
Check out how to enable the fast-charge feature on your mobile devices and how to properly plug in the USB cable to the charging adapter. Also, view the types of authorized wired and wireless chargers available to use for your mobile devices.
How to enable the fast-charge or fast wireless charge feature for Galaxy mobile devices
Step 1. Go to Settings > Device Care.
Step 2. Tap on the Battery icon.
Step 3. Tap the Charging menu.
Select one of the charging modes below, based on the type of authorized fast charger you have.
To enable any one of the charging modes, simply tap the switch to the right-side.
- Fast charging : Enable this mode if you are using the Adaptive fast wired charger.
- Super fast charging : Enable this mode if you are using a wired Super fast charger.
- Fast wireless charging : Enable this mode if you are using a fast wireless charging pad.
Note: While charging, you can't enable or disable this feature on your device.
If the USB cable is not properly plugged into the charging adapter, even if you are using a fast charger, your mobile device will not charge rapidly. Check that you have pushed the USB cable tightly into the charger, otherwise, the fast charging feature will not work and very low charging capacity will be supplied to your mobile device. Accordingly, the charging speed will decrease and time to charge the battery fully will also take much longer.
Real image showing USB cable plugged into a charging adapter
You are unable to use the fast charging feature or the super fast charging feature when you charge the battery using a standard battery charger. To use the fast charging feature, you have to use a wired battery charger that supports Adaptive fast charging. To use the super fast charging feature, you have to use a wired USB PD (Power Delivery) charger that supports super fast charging.
Authorized fast and super fast charger consists of wired and wireless types. Please view the charger types in the images below.
Samsung authorized wired charger
- Super Fast Charging
- Adaptive Fast Charging
Samsung authorized fast wireless charging pad
- A fan embedded inside the charger may produce noise during fast wireless charging.
- If the device heats up or the ambient air temperature rises, the charging speed may decrease automatically. This is a normal operating condition to prevent damage to the device.
- To increase the charging speed, it is recommended to turn the device or its screen off.
- Availability of Super fast charging feature may differ depending on device models.
Note: Device screenshots and menu may vary depending on the device model and software version.