What's the basic principle of iris scanning in Galaxy Note8?
The Iris recognition feature uses the unique characteristics of your irises, such as their shape and pattern, to strengthen the security of your device. Your iris data can be used for various authentication purposes. After registering your irises, you can set the device to use your irises for the following features such as Screen lock, Web sign-in, Verify Samsung account, Secure Folder, Samsung Pay.
● Iris Registration
1, Capturing the iris (with IR Camera)
2. Extract pattern of iris and convert into digital form
● Iris authentication
1. Capturing iris for authentication
2. Extract iris pattern and digitize
3. Compare it with registered one and authenticate
● If you use your iris as a screen lock method, your irises cannot be used to unlock the screen when turning on the device. To use the device, you must unlock the screen using a pattern, PIN, or password you set when registering the irises. Be careful not to forget your pattern, PIN, or password.
● If your irises are not recognized, unlock the device using the pattern, PIN, or password you set when registering the irises, and then re-register your irises. If your pattern, PIN, or password is forgotten, you will not be able to use the device if you do not reset it. Samsung is not responsible for any data loss or inconvenience caused by forgotten unlock codes.
Related links :
How do I register my Iris for Iris recognition on lock screen in Galaxy Note8 (SM-N950FD) ?
How do I delete the registered Iris in Galaxy Note8 (SM-N950FD) ?
Are there any circumstances where Iris scan do not work properly in Galaxy Note8 (SM-N950FD) ?
Can I charge Note8 through Samsung DeX Station during connection?
How do I use Samsung DeX feature in Galaxy Note8 (SM-N950FD) ?
What is Samsung DeX feature in Galaxy Note8 (SM-N950FD) ?
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
Check the progress of your repair
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
All Days 9am to 9pm
We'll respond within 24 hours of your request.
Log in with your Samsung Account and join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In India
24 Hours a day / 7 Days a week
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In Bangladesh
8am - 10 pm / 7 days a week
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In Sri Lanka
8am - 6.30 pm / Mon ~ Sat
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In Nepal
8am - 8pm / 7 Days a week
Dial as per your country
* For any printer related enquiries, please visit the HP website .