What's the basic principle of iris scanning in Samsung Galaxy S8+(SM-G955)?
The Iris recognition feature uses the unique characteristics of your irises, such as their shape and pattern, to strengthen the security of your device. Your iris data can be used for various authentication purposes. After registering your irises, you can set the device to use your irises for the following features such as Screen lock, Web sign-in, Verify Samsung account, Secure Folder, Samsung Pay (This feature may not be available depending on the region or service provider.)
1, Capturing the iris (with IR Camera)
2. Extract pattern of iris and convert into digital form
1. Capturing iris for authentication
2. Extract iris pattern and digitize
3. Compare it with registered one and authenticate
• If you use your iris as a screen lock method, your irises cannot be used to unlock the screen when turning on the device. To use the device, you must unlock the screen using a pattern, PIN, or password you set when registering the irises.
NOTE : Be careful not to forget your pattern, PIN, or password.
• If your irises are not recognized, unlock the device using the pattern, PIN, or password you set when registering the irises, and then re-register your irises. If your pattern, PIN, or password is forgotten, you will not be able to use the device if you do not reset it. Samsung is not responsible for any data loss or inconvenience caused by forgotten unlock codes.
Related links :
Iris recognition do not work properly in low-light conditions. What should I do for this ?
Is there any possibility of the personal iris information stored in the device being hacked in Samsung Galaxy S8+ ( SM-G955 ) ?
Will iris scan work with some sort of eye trouble in Samsung Galaxy S8+ ( SM-G955 ) ?
Can user move the eye sight while registering and scanning in Samsung Galaxy S8+ ( SM-G955 ) ?
Will iris scan work with glasses, sunglasses or contact lens in Samsung Galaxy S8+ ( SM-G955 ) ?
Is it possible to register and use iris patterns from multiple people in just one device ?
Is it available to register iris pattern with one eye only in Samsung Galaxy S8+ ( SM-G955 ) ?
Why do we use IR(Infrared Ray) for Iris Scan in Samsung Galaxy S8+ ( SM-G955 ) ?
Why Iris scan security in Samsung Galaxy S8+ ( SM-G955 ) ?
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
Check the progress of your repair
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
All Days 9AM to 9PM
We'll respond within 24 hours of your request.
Log in with your Samsung Account and join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In India
24 Hours a day / 7 Days a week
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In Bangladesh
8AM - 10PM / 7 days a week
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In Sri Lanka
8AM - 6.30PM / Mon ~ Sat
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In Nepal
8AM - 8PM / 7 Days a week
Dial as per your country
* For any printer related enquiries, please visit the HP website .