What to do if my Galaxy Buds+ does not connect properly?
In case you experience connection issues with your Galaxy Buds+, please check all of the solutions outlined in detail below to resolve the issue. If the problem persists, you can visit the Samsung Service Center with your device to receive further assistance.
Check to see if you have fully charged your earbuds
- It is recommended to fully charge the battery before using the earbuds for the first time or when they have been unused for extended periods. When you charge the battery for the first time or when the battery is completely discharged, minimum of 30 minutes is required to get it started.
- To charge the earbuds, insert them into the corresponding slots, and then connect the charger.
- The charging case, which has a built-in battery, is charged along with the earbuds that are in the charging case. The charging case may not close properly if you attach the wing tips or ear tips in the wrong direction.
Note: Do not charge the earbuds using a power source such as a computer or notebook. It can cause the earbuds to charge slower.
Earbuds can't be searched on your mobile device:
- Close the charging case again and open it to enter the Bluetooth pairing mode.
- Ensure that your earbuds and the other Bluetooth device are within the Bluetooth connection range (10m or 32ft). The distance may vary depending on the environment the devices are used in.
Earbuds can't connect to Bluetooth:
- Your Galaxy Buds+ will stop Bluetooth pairing mode after 3 minutes. Insert the Galaxy Buds+ back into the case and open the case again in order to enter the pairing mode.
- You can also manually enter the Bluetooth pairing mode using the touchpad by Tap, then Tap & Hold the Galaxy Buds+.
- Make sure the mobile device is within 10m or 32ft of the Galaxy Buds+ when you make the attempt to pair the devices together. The distance may vary depending on the environment the devices are used in.
- Check for any obstacles like walls or electrical equipment between the paired devices.
- Restart the mobile device and relaunch the Galaxy Wearable app.
- If only a single earbud is connected to your mobile device, restart the earbuds to connect both of them.
It is recommended to keep the software installed on your phone, tablet, TV or computer up-to-date. Before you conduct an update for your earbuds, first, update the software on your mobile devices.
Update Galaxy phone or tablet:
Step 1. Go to Settings > Software update.
Step 2. Tap on Download and install.
Step 3. Follow the on-screen instructions.
Once you have updated your mobile device to the latest version, check to see if the app or software you use for the Galaxy Buds+ is also running on current version. In order to update the software of your earbuds, you need to have your mobile device connected to a Wi-Fi or mobile network.
Update the Galaxy Wearable app:
Step 1. Launch the Galaxy Wearable app on your mobile device.
Step 2. Navigate to and tap About Galaxy wearable > tap Update.
Earbuds software update
Update your earbuds' software via the firmware over-the-air (FOTA) service.
Launch the Galaxy Wearable app on the mobile device and tap Earbuds Software update.
- Download and install: Check for and install updates manually.
- Auto download over Wi-FI: Set the earbuds to download updates automatically when connected to a Wi-Fi network.
- Last update: View the information for the latest software update.
If you are still experiencing connection issues even after trying the methods mentioned above, please reset the Galaxy Buds+.
Step 1. To reset and restart the earbuds, insert each earbud into their corresponding slot in the charging case.
Step 2. Remove them from the case after about 7 seconds or more.
Note: If the charging case has low battery, connect the charging case to the charger first.
Note: Device screenshots and menu may vary depending on the device model and software version.
Please click the submit button below to share your feedback with us. Thank you for your participation.
Thank you for your feedback!
Please answer all questions.