What is DTS Sound in Samsung Audio devices?
A data compression method developed by Digital Theater Systems that takes six channels of audio (5.1) and folds them into a single digital bitstream. This differs from Dolby Digital in that the data rate is a somewhat higher 1.4 Mbs, which represents a compression ratio of about 4 to 1. The main advantage of DTS sound in Samsung audio devices is the listening experience, which is more lively and natural.
( Digital Theater System )
DTS surrounding has also stereo surrounds channel:
● Mono (Center only)
● 2-channel stereo (Left + Right), optionally carrying matrixed Dolby Surround
● 3-channel stereo (Left, Center, Right)
● 2-channel stereo with mono surround (Left, Right, Surround)
● 3-channel stereo with mono surround (Left, Center, Right, Surround)
● 4-channel quadraphonic (Left, Right, Left Surround, Right Surround)
● 5-channel surrounding (Left, Center, Right, Left Surround, Right Surround)
DVD's audio can be in AC-3 or DTS format, which is featured with 5.1 surround sound. When you play and watch DVD movie through the home theater system, this multi-dimensional audio effect will make you immersive feel the fantastic of DVD movie. Meanwhile, AC-3 and DTS audio format can also be converted and stored into video files like MPEG and AVI. When playback them on your media player, it can also achieve the 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround Sound.