6 Ways to Unlock Your Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+
Please Note: If you are wanting to set up Face recognition, Fingerprint lock or Iris scanner you will need to have either a Pattern, Pin or Password set up as an Alternative password for security purposes.
The shape and patterns of your irises are unique to you. Using these distinct characteristics of your eyes to lock your device gives you an airtight security for your device.
Your iris data can also be used for various authentication purposes, for features such as Samsung Pass (Samsung account verification and web sign-in), Secure Folder and Samsung Pay (depending on the region and service provider). The iris sensor has been hidden in a hole on the upper bezel of your phone.
How to set up Iris Scanner on your Samsung Galaxy S9:
1. Go to the Settings > Lock screen and security > Iris Scanner >Tap CONTINUE
2. Before setting up Iris Scanner, you need to set a pattern, PIN or password.
3. Once you have selected your preferred screen lock, CONTINUE > Tap CONFIRM.
4. Please read the DISCLAIMER and tap OK to proceed.
5. You can choose to Register only 1 iris, or tap on CONTINUE to register both irises.
6. Follow the on-screen prompts to register your irises.
7. Once the iris registration is complete, the screen will display Success. Tips on how to use the iris scanner efficiently will now be displayed.
8. Your iris data has now been registered. Tap on DONE to complete the setup.
Please note: Galaxy S9 can register the irises of one person only. Additionally, if you use your irises as a screen lock method, you can't use them to unlock the screen when turning on the device. Instead, use your registered pattern, PIN or password to unlock the screen.
· To use it, hold up your phone and align your eyes with the twin circles on the screen to scan your irises.
· The iris sensor may not recognise you if you're wearing prescription glasses, sunglasses, colour contact lenses or circular contact lenses.
Make sure to always remember your registered pattern, PIN or password. You need them to re-register your irises in case they will not be recognized. Without them, you will be forced to reset your phone.
Face recognition is one cool way to unlock the screen of your Galaxy S9. It's a fast and effortless method.
To use face recognition, just raise your phone as if you're taking a selfie. Make sure the camera lens is clean and you're in a well-lit area when using it. Face recognition is less secure than other screen lock methods such as iris scan, pattern, PIN and password. Your phone can be unlocked by someone who looks similar to you, such as a twin.
Please note: Glasses, hats, makeup, beards and masks can affect the recognition process.
How to set up Face Recognition on your Samsung Galaxy S9:
1. Go to the Settings > Lock screen and security > Face Recognition > Tap CONTINUE.
2. Before setting up Face recognition, you need to set a pattern, PIN or password.
3. Once you have set up your secure screen lock, tap CONTINUE > re-enter the same security > CONFIRM.
4. Read the DISCLAIMER and follow the step by step instructions.
5. You must position your face in the circle on the screen until completed.
6. Once your face has been registered, you will be prompted if you would like to enable Face Lock.
7. Select the face verification options you would like to use with face recognition. Tap on DONE to complete the setup process.
Galaxy S9's fingerprint sensor has moved beneath the rear camera, a more convenient spot that you can reach more easily and comfortably. Like your iris data, you can also use your fingerprint credentials to verify your identity on Samsung Pass, Secure Folder and Samsung Pay. You can register up to four fingerprints, in case you want to use multiple fingers for logging in.
How to set up Fingerprint Lock on Galaxy S9:
1. Go to the Settings > Lock screen and
security > Fingerprint Scanner > Tap CONTINUE.
2. Before setting up Fingerprint Lock, you need to set a pattern, PIN or password.
3. Once you have set up your secure screen lock, select CONTINUE > re-enter the password > CONFIRM.
4. Swipe your fingertip down over the fingerprint sensor so it can scan your entire fingerprint
5. Your fingerprint has now been registered. Tap on ADD to add another fingerprint or tap on DONE to proceed.
Pattern Lock allows you to create a pattern to draw on the screen to unlock your device.
To set up Pattern Lock, go to the Settings > Lock screen and security > Screen Lock Type > Tap Pattern
Passwords may be one of the oldest methods to secure a device's screen; it's guaranteed one of the safest. Create a password with a minimum of four digits but no more than 16 digits. For maximum security, choose a combination of letters and numbers.
To set up Password Lock, go to the Settings > Lock screen and security > Screen Lock Type > Tap Password
Personal identification number, or PIN, is another secure method to lock a device. Your phone's PIN should be at least four digits.
To set up PIN Lock, go to the Settings > Lock screen and security > Screen Lock Type > Tap PIN
Thank you for your feedback!
Need more help? Contact Us.
24 hours / 7 days a week
0800 M SAMSUNG
24 hours / 7 days a week
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .
Find out more about how you can get face-to-face help.