New features added to the Samsung Galaxy Note9 Intelligent Camera
Check out the new features that the Galaxy Note 9 camera can offer!
With the real-time intelligence feature, the Galaxy Note9 camera automatically recognizes 20 different types of scenes by analysing the object (e.g. flower, sunset, food)
This means that you don't need to worry about manually editing the colour saturation, white balance and brightness of your image.
You can access these modes by launching the Camera app > select Camera settings on the 'AUTO' mode > Turn on Scene Optimiser
3 of the 20 modes include:
- Flower: Makes the image appear more vivid by adjusting the colour, contrast and brightness
- Sunset: Optimizes the image by reducing the brightness and adjusting the 'red colour' intensity
- Food: Increases the saturation level to emphasize the vividness
The Galaxy Note9 can detect four common flaws:
- Closed eyes
- Smudges on the Camera lens
- Excessive backlight
If any of the above flaws are detected, a pop up notification advising the flaw (e.g.someone may have blinked) will appear.
Additionally, if you take a photo and miss the right moment, you’ll get an alert so you can reshoot the image.
Please Note: The flaw is detected within 3 metres
Using the Live Focus feature on the rear camera, you can take high quality photos even in the dark. This feature lets you put the spotlight on your friends and family by blurring out the background.
The Galaxy Note9's camera detects low light and captures multiple shots, blending them together for pin-sharp photos. Then, you can transform the background lights into artistic shapes and expressions.
An AR Emoji is an avatar that looks just like you. The Galaxy Note9’s AR Emoji has been upgraded with an expanded variety of hairstyles, skin colors, accessories and new facial features.
You can change the physical appearance of your Avator and express yourself in endless ways.
With the Note 9, you can capture all of the moments that you do not want to miss, and play them in slow motion.
The super slow motion feature enables you to record special occasions and fast-moving scenes . When you play the video, the segments recorded in super slow motion will play in slow motion.
• Multi-take: record a video and capture multiple moments in super slow motion.
• Single-take: Record a short video by capturing a single moment in super low motion.
To move the motion detection area, tap the area inside the frame and drag it to a new location.
To adjust the area size, tap a corner of the frame and drag it.
Please always use the Super Slow-mo feature in a place that has sufficient light. If you record a video indoors with unsufficient or poor lighting, the below issues may occur:
- The screen may appear dark due to the small amount of light
- The screen may flicker in certain lighting conditions. (e.g. fluorescent light)
Additionally, super-slow motion recording may start automatically:
- If the device shakes
- If a another object is moving near the subject in the motion detection area
- When recording under flickering light, such as a fluorescent light
- When recording in dark areas where noise occurs
To record a Super slow motion video in the multi-take mode, follow the below steps:
• Auto: When motion is detected in the motion detection area, the device will capture the moment in super slow motion
• Manual: Press the record function and tap the tick whenever the desired motion wants to be captured on the screen
The Galaxy Note9 does not support Sports mode anymore. Instead, users can take clearer photos of fast-moving subjects, such as a person running or a pet in motion, via the AUTO camera mode.
Alternately in Pro mode, you can adjust the Shutter Speed to take pictures similar to Sports mode.
In order to avoid contamination to the screen or heart rate sensor, this function has been removed in the Galaxy Note9.
Thank you for your feedback!