Freeview reception issue(s)
* Please note, this section is designed to give you basic product troubleshooting information, also refer to your user manual for more information.
- No signal or poor reception
- Several Channels are missing
- Distorted Signal
Fault with the antenna, for example:
- UHF aerial is incorrectly aligned or obstructed
- Satellite dish is incorrectly positioned or obstructed
- Corrosion in parts of the antenna due to constant exposure to the elements;
Fault with the cabling or connections, for example:
- Loose connections from the antenna cable to the TV
Product fault or misuse:
- You may wish to contact the manufacturer of your device to check, for example, does your product have the latest firmware upgrades?
How to check Signal info:
Signal performance could be checked by selecting on the remote: Menu – Support- Self Diagnosis – Signal Information
Signal strength should be at least 70%
Bit error level should be 0
(Bit error rate shows how many corrupt bits of data there are. The causes of the corruption are several, like very strong signal being one of them, corrupt data due to low signal level and/or due to interference corruption of the signal, like noise in the signal from bad weather or lightning, cross modulation of the signal from high trees, hills or building obstructing the aerial.)
For more information about Bit Error see What does Bit Error Code mean?
Make sure that all the cables have been properly re-connected (you want to avoid loose cables that could cause signal loss). If you have a signal booster connected, try removing that and plug the antenna cable straight into your receiver, recorder or TV.
This is to ensure any overheated devices have had time to cool down.
If this doesn't help, it's most likely there's an antenna fault.
Our recommendation is to contact a local installer in your area who can provide on-site diagnosis and fix. Here's a free online directory where you can find a local installer. It's best to ring around for a few quotes.
Alternatively you can contact Clearvision Communications, a Freeview accredited installation partner, for a quote.
Although this cannot apply to every case, we would suggest arranging for an aerial technitian to check the signal strength as well as quality of the received signal if issue is still there.
Thank you for your feedback!
Need more help? Contact Us.
24 hours / 7 days a week
0800 M SAMSUNG
24 hours / 7 days a week
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .