How Do I Run A Self-Test?
To run a self test, follow these steps:
- Turn off both your computer and the monitor.
- Unplug the video cable from the back of the computer.
- Turn on the monitor. Depending on
your monitor, one of the Check Signal Cable figures shown below appears.
Note: While in the Self-Test mode, the monitor's LED power indicator remains green and the Check Signal Cable figure moves around on the screen.
- If no Check Signal Cable figure appears, there is a problem with your monitor.
- If you see the second Check Signal figure, and one of the colored squares within it (as shown above) does not appear, there is a problem with your monitor.
- If you see one of the Check Signal Cable figures as they appear above, your monitor is functioning properly. The problem you are having is probably being caused by your video controller, video cable, video card, video drivers, or computer system.
If you did not see a Check Signal Cable figure (that is, if the self test did not work) or a colored square did not appear, your monitor needs servicing. To arrange service, call Samsung Customer Care at 1-800-10SAMSUNG (1-800-10-726-7864). Have the model number and serial number of your monitor on hand when you call.
Need help? Contact Us for Support.
Call Support 24/7
#GALAXY (just dial #425299)
[PLDT, Smart & Sun Toll Free]
1-800-8-726-7777 [Globe Toll Free]
(02) 422-2177 [Standard Landline]
1-800-10-726-7864 [PLDT Toll Free]
1-800-8-726-7864 [Globe Toll Free]
(02) 422-2111 [Standard Landline]
* For Toll Free numbers, just directly dial 1-800 followed by the network number.