How To Clean The Debris Filter On 2009 And Later Front Load Washing Machines
Samsung Front Loaders
All current Samsung Front Loaders have debris filter access panels located on the front of the unit. The filter is housed inside of the drain pump to prevent the drain hose from being clogged. If not cleaned regularly, unpleasant odor, draining, and filling issues will arise.
Cleaning The Debris Filter
To clean the debris filter, follow these steps:
1. Open the debris filter access cover by pressing down on the tab and pulling/folding the cover down.
2. Locate the black rubber drain hose (aka emergency drain hose) and if attached, release it from its holder.
3. Place a towel on the floor to prevent water damage to the floor.
4. Remove the white drain plug from the emergency drain hose, and then drain the water in a suitable container.
5. After water stops draining from the auxiliary drain hose, remove the debris filter by turning it counter clockwise and pulling it out.
6. Inspect and clean the filter, and then reinstall by pushing it in and turning it clockwise until secured.
7. Reinstall the emergency drain hose cap and secure the hose in its holder.
8. Reinstall the access panel by placing it into the holes at the bottom of the access panel opening and pushing/folding it into the top.
Thank you for your feedback!
Need help? Contact Us for Support.
Call Support 24/7
Mobile Phones & Tablets Hotline:
Just Dial #GALAXY (#425299)
[Free call to all networks]
(02) 422-2177 [Standard Landline]
1-800-10-726-7864 [PLDT Toll Free]
1-800-8-726-7864 [Globe Toll Free]
(02) 422-2111 [Standard Landline]
* For Toll Free numbers, just directly dial 1-800 followed by the network number.