Installation guide for Samsung Front Load Washing Machine
Follow these instructions carefully to ensure proper installation of the washing machine and to prevent accidents when doing laundry.
• Solid, level surface without carpeting or flooring that may obstruct ventilation
• Away from direct sunlight
• Adequate room for ventilation and wiring
• The ambient temperature is always higher than the freezing point (0 °C)
• Away from a heat source
Unpack the product package and remove all shipping bolts.
Packaging materials can be dangerous to children. Dispose all packaging material (plastic bags, polystyrene, etc.) out of children’s reach.
Level the washing machine by manuallyadjusting the levelling feet.
The provided hose adaptor may differ with the model. This step guides you through connecting the connector-type adaptor. If you are provided with the screw-type adaptor, go to 7.
If there is a water leak, stop operating the washing machine and disconnect from the electrical supply. Then, contact a local Samsung service centre. Otherwise, this may cause electric shock.
Do not stretch the water hose by force. If the hose is too short, replace the hose with a longer, high-pressure hose.
• After connecting the water hose to the adaptor, check if it is connected properly by pulling the water hose downwards.
• Use a popular type of water taps. If the tap is square-shaped or too big, remove the spacer ring before inserting the tap into the adaptor.
The drain hose can be positioned in three ways:
Over the edge of a wash basin
The drain hose must be placed at a height of between 60 cm and 90 cm (*) from the floor. To keep the spout of the drain hose bent, use the supplied plastic hose guide (A). Secure the guide to the wall using a hook to ensure stable drainage.
ln a sink drain pipe
The drain pipe must be above the sink siphon so that the end of the hose is at least 60 cm above the floor.
In a drain pipe
The drain pipe should be between 60 cm and 90 cm high (*). It is advisable to use a 65 cm high vertical pipe. Make sure the drain hose is connected to the stand pipe at a slant.
Drain standpipe requirements:
• Minimum diameter of 5 cm
• Minimum carry-away capacity of 60 litres per minute
Do not put the drain hose in places of stagnant water or ponding. The water may flow back to the washing machine.
Plug the power cord into a wall socket featuring an AC 220-240 V / 50 Hz approved electrical outlet protected by a fuse or circuit breaker. Then, press Power to turn on the washing machine.