Water and Dust IP Ratings on Galaxy device
This information is relevant to Samsung mobile and wearable products that are marked as having an ‘IP68’ rating.
An IP (Ingress Protection) rating is an international standard that shows you the level of dust and water resistance of your Samsung device. The Samsung devices listed above have been certified to an IP68 rating. They are built to help you do more, in more places. With an IP68 rating, they are water resistant in fresh water to a maximum depth of 1.5 metres for up to 30 minutes, and are protected from dust - all without the need for extra cases or covers.
Here is a list of all Samsung phones with the highest level of water protection.
ㆍS20 S20+, and S20 Ultra
ㆍS10e, S10, and S10+
ㆍNote10, Note10+, Note10+
ㆍS9 and S9+
ㆍS8 and S8+
ㆍS7 and S7 edge
Note: Almost all newer Galaxy phones have an IP rating of 68, excluding the Galaxy Fold, Z Flip.
Samsung devices may be damaged if water or dust enters the device. For devices with an IP68 rating, follow these tips to prevent damage to your device and to help maintain the water and dust resistant performance:
• Do not immerse the device in water deeper than 1.5 metres and do not keep it submerged in water less than 1.5 metres deep for more than 30 minutes.
• Do not expose the device to water moving with force, such as water running from a tap, ocean waves, or waterfalls.If the device is exposed to freshwater, dry it thoroughly with a clean, soft cloth.
• If the device is exposed to any liquid other than freshwater, gently rinse it with still fresh water immediately and dry it thoroughly with a clean soft cloth. Failure to gently rinse it in still fresh water and dry it as instructed may cause it to suffer from operability or cosmetic issues.
• If the device is dropped or receives an impact, the water and dust- resistant features may be damaged.
• The touch screen and other features may not work properly while the device is in water.