Water and Dust IP Ratings on Galaxy device
An IP (Ingress Protection) rating is an international standard that shows the level of dust and water resistance of your Samsung device. The models listed below have been certified to have an IP68 rating. With an IP68 rating, you can bring your phone on your adventures without having to worry.
The below Samsung devices have an IP68 rating:
- Galaxy S21 5G, S21+ 5G, and S21 Ultra 5G
- Galaxy Note20 and Note20 Ultra
- Galaxy S20, S20+, and S20 Ultra
- Galaxy S22, S22+, and S22 Ultra
- Galaxy Note10, Note10+
- Galaxy S10, S10e, and S10+
- Galaxy Note9
- Galaxy Note8
- Galaxy S9 and S9+
- Galaxy S8 and S8+
- Galaxy S7 and S7 edge
Note: the Galaxy Z Fold3, Z Fold4, Z Flip3, and Z Flip4 have an IPX8 rating.
Samsung devices may be damaged if water or dust enters the device. For devices with an IP68 rating, follow these tips to prevent damage to your device and to help maintain the water and dust resistant performance:
- Do not immerse devices in water deeper than 1.5m and for more than 30 minutes.
- If you immerse the device in any liquid other than freshwaters, such as salt water, ionized water, or alcoholic beverage, the liquid will enter the device faster.
- Do not expose the device to water moving with force.
- The device should not be exposed to hot or soapy water, chlorinated water, water that is ionized, or saltwater. If the device has been exposed to water, dry it thoroughly with a clean soft cloth.
- If the device has been immersed in water or the microphone or speaker is wet, the sound may not be heard clearly during a call.
- The touchscreen and other features may not work properly if the device is used in water.
- If the device is dropped or receives an impact, the water- and dust-resistant features of the device may be damaged.
- After the device has been exposed to water, you should wait until it is thoroughly dry before you charge it. The device will recognize if the USB port is still wet or damp and will show a water drop icon on the screen. You will not be able to charge the device until the USB port is dry.
- The touchscreen and other features may not have full functionality if used while wet.
If the speaker gets wet, the sound may not be heard clearly or make a crackling sound. Wipe the device smoothly with a dry, soft cloth and allow it to dry thoroughly before using the device. For faster drying, use cool air or gently shake it a few times while holding the speaker face down.
Moisture can also be removed by speaker vibration during call.
No, it is not possible. The device is IP68-certified, but fingerprint recognition is blocked when the device is under water.
We would love to know your feedback to help us improve. Please click the submit button to tell us what you think.
Thank you for your feedback!
Please answer all questions.