What’s the point of differentiation of S8/S8+’s design?
Infinity Display is a marketing name representing S8/S8+’s expanded full-screen display, which breaks away from conventional smartphone's form factor and establishes a new possibility and criteria.
→ Expanded screen ratio(18.5:9) provides new usability which is hard to be expected from the conventional 16:9 screen ratio, and the round-corners of display is harmoniously balanced with edge glass design.
It focuses on smartphone itself equipped with hidden technology in the refined design.
→ Minimizing the exterior features in order to focus on content viewing experience
• Simple black Full-screen design
• Deleted Home Key
• Disappearance of Camera protrusion
• Simple receiver deco with narrower width
• HRM/Flash's ring deco removed and HRM/Flash seamless covered by back glass
Balanced and Unified design
→ Balance with new glossy finish of metal and fluid style of glass enhanced the depth and unified shape.
The revolutionary design of the Galaxy S8 and S8+ begins from the inside out. We rethought every part of the phone's layout to break through the confines of the smartphone screen.
Device layout of Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ as follows:
• Do not cover the proximity/light sensor area with screen accessories, such as a screen protector or stickers. Doing so may cause the sensor to malfunction
• The colors on the curved screen may look different depending on your viewing position