COMMERCIAL Visual Displays & Monitors
Nothing in this warranty purports to limit, modify, take away from, disclaim, exclude or suspend any mandatory warranty requirements provided or non-excludable statutory rights you may have under the law. This warranty gives you additional protection for your Samsung Product, as delivered new in the original packaging to the original end-user purchaser ("Product"), subject to the exclusions, terms and conditions herein.
Unless otherwise specified, this warranty only covers the hardware components of the Product as originally supplied and does not cover any software, consumable items, or accessories even if packaged or sold together with the Product unless stated otherwise. For details on any user rights with respect to software, please refer to licensing agreement accompanying such software.>
• To ensure Samsung Customer Care provides timely assistance with your claim:
The immediate priority is to have your product(s) assessed by a Samsung Authorised Service Provider, for Samsung to fully investigate the issue.
We aim to complete the assessment as quickly as possible, and with minimal disruption, so you can resume using your Product(s) for business.
The content of this Warranty for Products (Products stated in Part III – Warranty by Product Table and Accessories) overrides the warranty terms and conditions contained in the relevant User Manual / Quick Start Guide of each Samsung Monitor accessory.
• Limitations and Exclusions
Notwithstanding that the Product is within the Warranty Period, this warranty shall be invalidated and rendered void upon the following:
The Product serial number or warranty seal has been removed, erased, defaced, altered, tampered or is illegible.
The Product shows evidence of impact, shock; accident; fire, flood, earthquake, lightning or other acts of nature; sand, liquid or food damage; exposure to extreme thermal or environmental conditions beyond product specifications or a rapid change in such conditions; electrostatic discharge; battery or chemical corrosion; abuse, mishandling, improper installation, operation or maintenance, use of wrong electrical supply or voltage; damage during shipment to/from Samsung authorised service centre; damage caused by installation of any software, programs or applications, or use of any accessories, consumable items or peripheral equipment not provided or approved by Samsung for use with the Product; improper alteration, modification, adjustment, tampering; replacement of parts with parts not provided or approved by Samsung; or dismantling, opening, service or repair performed other than by Samsung authorised service centre; or any other use contrary to the product manual.
This warranty does not cover:
- 1. Missing accessories or external parts of the Product, unless such claim is made within 3 days from the date of original retail purchase;
- 2. Cosmetic damage to outer surface / finishing and external parts of the Product, including without limitation cracks, dents or scratches on the exterior casing, screen, buttons and other attachments;
- 3. Deterioration of the Product due to normal wear and tear, including without limitation rust or stains;
- 4. General maintenance, password reset assistance, routine servicing and cleaning, updating / upgrading of software, installation of software or applications, product demonstration, or any other service other than repair; and
- 5. Any other circumstance such that repair would be contradictory or not in compliance with good business practice.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, the warranty expressly provided herein is the sole and exclusive warranty provided in connection with the Product and no other warranties, representations, endorsements or conditions of any kind, whether oral, written, express, implied or statutory, including without limitation any implied warranties of quality, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, and warranties against hidden or latent defects, are provided. In so far as any warranties cannot be excluded, such warranties shall be limited to the terms of this warranty and for the Warranty Period expressed herein.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, Samsung shall not be in any way liable for any consequential, incidental, indirect, special or similar damages whatsoever arising from or in connection with the use, inability to use or performance of the Product, including without limitation loss of revenue, loss of profits, loss of opportunity, loss of business, loss of goodwill, loss of reputation, failure to realise savings or other benefits, loss of use of the Product or any associated equipment, loss of or damage to other property due to the malfunction of the Product, costs of substitute equipment, loss due to downtime cost, costs of recovering, reprogramming or reproducing any program or data stored in or used with a system containing the Product, or loss, damage, corruption or compromise of data, whether due to breach of warranty, strict liability, product liability, the negligence of Samsung, or otherwise, even if Samsung is aware of the possibility of such damages. Samsung does not exclude or limit liability for personal injury or death resulting from Samsung’s negligence.
In no event shall any recovery against Samsung exceed the actual price paid for the purchase of the Product.
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you assume all risk and liability for loss, damage or injury to you and your property and to any third parties and their property arising out of the use, misuse or inability to use the Product not caused directly by the negligence of Samsung.
You agree and acknowledge that Samsung’s exclusions and limitations of liability are reasonable in the circumstances.
PART I GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This Warranty for your Product is subject to the exclusions, terms and conditions below.
I. Coverage and Application
A. Samsung Asia Pte. Ltd. ("Samsung") warrants that the Product:
- is of acceptable quality;
- does not have a latent defect.
B. For the purpose of this Warranty, a "Product" means Products stated in Part III – Warranty by Product Table which:
- was manufactured by or on behalf of Samsung;
- bears a trade mark owned or used by Samsung (generally "SAMSUNG");
- was sold by Samsung Asia Pte. Ltd.’s Authorised Reseller or Distributor of Samsung; and
- was locally purchased from Samsung Asia Pte. Ltd.
but does not include any hardware or software which is packaged or sold with a Product unless that is itself a Product or, that item is incorporated into the Product or, in the case of software, pre-loaded onto the Product at the time of sale.
If any section, provision, clause, sentence or part thereof of this warranty is held to be void, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be deemed modified to the minimum extent necessary to make it valid and enforceable, and the remainder shall not in any way be affected or impaired thereby. No warranty or guarantee given by any other person, firm or corporation with respect to the Product shall be binding on Samsung.
II. Warranty Period
- A. The period during which this Warranty is in effect will depend upon the Product to which it relates. In all cases the commencement date for the period is the actual day of purchase or date of delivery order whichever is later, as reflected on the Authorised Reseller's or Distributor's invoice, receipt or delivery order provided to you. If this is not available, Samsung will deem warranty period to start 90days thereafter from the manufacturing date of the related Product. The period during which each Product which is the subject of this Warranty is covered by this Warranty is identified in Part II of this Warranty.
III. Warranty Claim
- If you consider that the Product which you have purchased is not of acceptable quality, has a latent defect, or is otherwise not compliant with the conditions, warranties, undertakings, and legal rights given to you under Singapore Law (for example, it appears faulty, or does not work at all or properly), you can make a claim under this Warranty.
- Except where an International Product Warranty has been provided with your Product, Warranty service will only be provided in the specific country where the Product was originally purchased. For example, if you have purchased the Product within Singapore, Warranty service will be limited to Singapore only.
- Warranty is not transferable.
- If you purchased this product in Singapore and wish to make a claim under this Warranty, kindly contact Samsung:
- 1800 726 7864 and select option "5"
- Operation hours:
- Monday – Friday: 9.00am – 6:00pm
- Saturday: 9:00am – 01:00pm
- Sunday & Public Holiday: Closed
- (a) if the product can be repaired and the failure to comply with the Warranty is not a major failure or a failure of substantial character, Samsung or its agent may:
• repair the Samsung product; or
• replace the Samsung product with the same or similar product; or
• refund you the cost of a replacement.
In the order above and at Samsung's absolute discretion. Product presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished product of the same type with equal or greater functionality rather than being repaired. Refurbished parts may be used to repair the product.
- (b) if the product cannot be repaired or the failure to comply with the Warranty is a major failure or a failure of substantial character, you may reject the product and Samsung will at its discretion pay you compensation for any reduction in the value of the product below the price paid (based on copy of proof of purchase) or payable by you for the product based on the last selling price.
- •The standard Samsung Warranty Periods are set out by product type in the tables in Part II of this Warranty, each claim is assessed on its own merits. If Samsung provides you with either a replacement or refund, you immediately transfer ownership in the original Samsung product or part to Samsung. If Samsung repairs the product, you immediately transfer ownership in any residual parts to Samsung. You shall not have any further claim against Samsung for the Samsung product or part of which ownership is transferred to Samsung.
- If, following receipt of a claim under this Warranty, Samsung or its agent determine that your claim in respect of a Samsung product is invalid, Samsung reserves the right to charge you for any labour, parts or transport costs incurred by Samsung or its agent in assessing your claim.
IV. Carry-In and On-Site repairs
- If you wish to make a claim in relation to a Samsung product which you can reasonably transport to the nearest Samsung Customer Service Centre or to an authorised service centre (as directed when you first make the claim under this Warranty). Please bring or send that Samsung product to the nearest Samsung Customer Service Centre or authorised service centre for assessment, the cost of which will be borne by Samsung if your claim is determined to be valid pursuant to Part I of this Warranty. Whenever possible, the product should be returned in its original carton and packing or alternatively in packing suitable to prevent damage to the product. Samsung will not accept responsibility for damage to the product during this transport caused by unsuitable or inadequate packing.
- If you make a claim under this Warranty in relation to a Samsung product, Samsung or its agent will send an Authorised Samsung Service Personnel to the place where that Samsung product is located to assess the Warranty claim and, if valid, conduct the necessary repair of the product on-site at Samsung's cost.
- On-site service is available for the following Samsung products;
- Hotel TVs, Commercial large format displays, Network monitors.
- With any on-site visit, while Samsung will make all efforts to fix the Samsung product on-site, there may be instances when the product must be taken back to a Samsung Customer Service Centre or to an authorised service centre for further testing. In these circumstances, you agree to let a designated Authorised Samsung Service Personnel to remove the product for further testing at Samsung's cost.
V. Warranty Exclusions
This section identifies what is excluded under this Warranty.
- This Warranty does not extend to loss and/or damage caused by normal wear and tear, fire, water (liquid spillage or ingression), theft, corrosion by chemicals or moisture, vermin or insect infestation.
- This Warranty does not cover damage caused by:
- Misuse or abusive use of the Samsung product including physical damage to product and ports;
- Incorrect operation/use or not following the operation instructions (as stated in the Product Operation Manual or manufacturer's instructions provided with the Samsung product);
- Improper installation;
- Incorrect or improper maintenance or failure to maintain the Samsung product;
- Failure to clean or incorrect cleaning of the product (including heads, internal cavities, user accessible filters);
- Incorrect voltage or non-authorised electrical connections;
- Adverse external conditions such as power surges and dips, thunderstorm activity, acts of God, acts of terrorism, damage caused by vermin, or any other act or circumstance unknown to you and beyond Samsung's control;
- Exposure to excessive heat, dust, moisture or dampness;
- Exposure to abnormally corrosive conditions;
- Use of non authorised/non-standard, defective or incompatible parts;
- Password setting/ resetting and computer virus;
- Brightness deterioration or uniformity deterioration caused naturally as time passes (fair wear and tear);
- Image sticking caused by a fixed image or pattern of use;
- Any software not packaged or sold with the Samsung product;
- Repair, modification or other work carried out on the Samsung product other than by Authorised Samsung Service Personnel.
- This Warranty does not cover service costs in replacing and maintaining software, consumable items or accessories which have ceased working through normal wear and tear such as, but not limited to: batteries, remote controls.
- This Warranty does not cover Samsung products which, at the time of a claim under this Warranty, does not bear the original manufacturer's factory-applied serial number in its original form (for instance where it or the sticker bearing it has been removed, wiped out, rubbed off, or altered).
- This Warranty does not cover the loss of any data howsoever caused. You shall be responsible for backing up and protecting data against loss, damage or destruction. Please note that the repair of product may result in loss of data.
- This Warranty does not cover the de-installation and re-installation of the Samsung product.
- This Warranty does not cover a Samsung product which is installed in an area which is not easily accessible by a service technician (including without limitation above floor level or above 1.8 m). For health and safety reasons, the Samsung product must be uninstalled and placed at floor level for accessibility by the service technician. This Warranty does not cover any defects not notified to Samsung within the Warranty Period.
- This part of the Warranty identifies Samsung's preferred approach to resolving Warranty claims in relation to parts and accessories.
- Below in this sub-paragraph identifies the periods under which a claim may be made under this Warranty for replacement of a part or accessory. The parts and accessories are divided into those which are supplied within the box of the Product for which they are to be used (In-Box), and those which are supplied separately from a Product for use with it.(Out-Box).
- All remote controls purchased with the Product are covered under this Warranty for the same period as the Product purchased.
- All other Samsung parts and accessories purchased together with the Product are covered under this Warranty for a period of 6 months. Generally Samsung will replace the defective part or accessory which is the subject of the claim during this 6 month period.
- You may only make a claim under this Warranty for lost or missing Samsung parts and accessories if, with your claim, you are able to provide satisfactory evidence that the relevant item was missing from the box or other storage or packaging material originally supplied by Samsung.
- Parts and accessories purchased from Authorised Samsung Resellers and Distributors are generally covered under this Warranty from a 3 month to 6 month warranty period as specified below.
- Product : Standard Remote Controls (for all products)
Warranty Period : 6 months (not inclusive of batteries)
- Product : TM/ TE/ TP Series - Adaptive Touch Modules
Warranty Period : Unit warranty
- Product : Samsung Interactive - MagicIWB Software USB
Warranty Period : 1 year
- Product : Monitor Wall Mount, Monitor Stand
Warranty Period (In-Box) : n/a
Warranty Period (Out-Box) : 12 months
- Product : Other Parts, Accessories
Warranty Period (In-Box) : 6 months
Warranty Period (Out-Box) : 3 months
- Product : Other Consumables
Warranty Period (In-Box) : n/a
Warranty Period (Out-Box) : 3 months
- Product : SBB Series: Plug-in Modules, Set Back Boxes and Slide-in modules
Warranty Period (In-Box) : 3 year warranty without limitation of usage
- Product : Samsung Signage Solution Software (MagicInfo Series)
Warranty Period (Out-Box) : 1 year
- Product : LCD (Liquefied Crystal Display) Monitors and Network Monitors & Thin Clients sized 32 inches or below
Warranty Period : 3 years warranty (for recommended usage of under 12 hours use a day)
- Product : Smart Signage with touch screen sized 10 inches and below.
Warranty Period : 2 years warranty (for recommended usage of under 16 hours use a day)
- Product : Professional LFD Displays sized 32 inches or greater: BX, DB, EB, ED, MD, RM, UE , TS and PH series
Warranty Period : 3 years warranty (for recommended usage of under 16 hours use a day)
- Product : Professional LFD Displays sized 32 inches or greater: DM, DH, UD, UD-P, PE, QM, ME, OM series
Warranty Period : 3 years warranty (without limitation of usage)
- Product : Hotel TVs
Warranty Period : 3 years warranty (for recommended usage of under 16 hours use a day)
- Product: LED Indoor
- IF series - 3 years standard warranty (without limitation of usage)
- IS series- 2 years standard warranty (without limitation of usage)
- IC series- 2 years standard warranty (without limitation of usage)
- IPS series- 2 years standard warranty (without limitation of usage)
- Product: LED Outdoor
- XAF series- 2 years standard warranty (without limitation of usage)
- XPS series- 2 years standard warranty (without limitation of usage)
PART II PRODUCT WARRANTY PERIODS
I. Parts and Accessories Warranty
II. PARTS AND LABOUR WARRANTY
Unless specified, this Warranty covers corresponding costs for parts and labour which may be required to repair the Product, part or accessory if Samsung or its agent repairs the item under this Warranty.
III. WARRANTY BY PRODUCT TABLE
Below in this sub-paragraph summarises the standard Warranty period for claims under this Warranty, each claim is assessed on its own merits.