What should I do for Better Fingerprint Recognition on Galaxy Fold (Hong-Kong version)?
When you scan your fingerprint on the device, be aware of the following conditions that may affect the feature’s performance:
• The device may not recognize fingerprints that are affected by wrinkles or scars.
• The device may not recognize fingerprints from small or thin fingers.
• To improve recognition performance, register fingerprints of the hand used most often to perform tasks on the device.
• The Bixby key has a built-in fingerprint recognition sensor. Ensure that the fingerprint recognition sensor is not scratched or damaged by metal objects, such as coins, keys, and necklaces.
• Covering the fingerprint recognition sensor with protective films, stickers, or other accessories may decrease the fingerprint recognition rate. If the fingerprint recognition sensor is initially covered with a protective film, remove it before using the fingerprint recognition sensor.
• Ensure that the fingerprint recognition sensor and your fingers are clean and dry.
• If you bend your finger or use a fingertip, the device may not recognize your fingerprint. Make sure to cover the entire fingerprint recognition sensor with your finger.
• In dry environments, static electricity can build up in the device. Avoid using this feature in dry environments or before using the feature, discharge static electricity by touching a metal object.
- Medical and magnetic devices such an artificial cardiac pacemaker and a defibrillator may be sensitive to magnets. Do keep Galaxy Fold (the “Device”) a safe distance from them and consult your physician before you use the Device.
- Magnetic objects, such as credit cards, passbooks, access cards, boarding passes, or parking passes, may be damaged or disabled by the magnets in the Device. Keep a safe distance between the Device and magnetic objects. Do not place the Device near magnetic fields.
- Do not remove the protective layer on the main screen while using the Device and do not attach any adhesives such as protectors or stickers. If you remove the protective layer, the main screen will be damaged.
- When folding the Device, do not place any objects, such as cards, coins, or keys, on the screen. The screen may be damaged.
- The crease at the center of the main screen is the characteristic of new Polymer materials. The crease does not affect the display’s quality, lifespan and performance and will not hinder the experience while using the Device or viewing content.
- This document was updated in November 2019 and for reference only.
- Images are for reference only.
- All functionality, features, specifications and other product information provided in this document including, but not limited to, the benefits, design, pricing, components, performance, availability, and capabilities of the product are subject to change without notice or obligation. Samsung reserves the right to make changes to this document and the product described herein, at anytime, without obligation on Samsung to provide notification change.