How do I activate Safe Mode on my Samsung Galaxy Nexus?
1. Press and hold down the Power key until the Power off box displays.
2. Touch and hold down on Power off until the Reboot to safe mode message is displayed.
3. Touch OK. The device will restart.
4. When the device powers up Safe mode will be displayed on the screen. Swipe the screen to unlock your phone.
5. Touch the Apps icon.
6. You will notice that the number of applications available has now been reduced back to the number when the handset was first purchased, as shown in the example images below.
NOTE: if you are generally having difficulties with your device, but these problems do not occur when your handset is in 'safe mode', then the problem(s) are very likely caused by an app you have downloaded, and not by your device itself. In such cases you should uninstall the app(s) that you believe cause problems.
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
Tweet us | 9am-9pm, 7 days a week.
We are here to help | 9am-9pm, 7 days a week.
Monday to Sunday | 8am to 10pm
SmartThings Monday to Friday | 9am to 5:30pm
We'll respond within 24 hours of your request.
Check the status of your repair with Samsung
Help with Hubs, Kits, Sensor and Outlets
Monday to Friday | 8am to 10pm
Monday to Friday | 9am to 6pm
Calls to 0818 numbers are a National Call number.
These are subject to call charges which vary by network and are subject to change.
Calls maybe recorded for training and quality purposes.
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website.
Find out more about how you can get face to face help.