How can I install or run a program that requires a 1024x768 resolution on my Netbook?
The NC10 Net book has a maximum resolution of 1024x600. Many applications require a minimum resolution of 1024x768 to install or run. Due to the resolution requirement, these applications are not compatible with the NC10 Net book.
You may be able to work around the minimum resolution requirement by temporarily changing the NC10’s resolution to 1024x768.
To change the resolution to 1024x768, follow these steps:
1. Right click your desktop, and then left click Properties.
2. Click the Settings tab to view Display Properties.
3. Click the Advanced button.
4. Click the Monitor tab.
5. Remove the checkmark from the box labeled “Hide modes that this monitor cannot display,” and then click OK.
6. Move the slider underneath Screen resolution to 1024x768 or higher, and then click OK.
7. You should now be able to install or run your program, however the desktop will be larger than the screen and you will need to scroll in order to see the entire desktop. To fix this, adjust the resolution back to 1024x600 once you are finished.
Note: If you need only 1024x768 resolution, you can simply use the “Easy Resolution Manager.”