Steps for Effective Cooling in a air-conditioner
There are many simple and easy steps that can be followed which will help in reducing the burden from the Air-conditioners and will lead to more effective cooling along with lesser cost.
- Annual maintenance is important to increase energy-efficiency.
- If your unit is really old (more than 10 years) a newer, more efficient model will cut your consumption in half.
- Clear away any debris from the outside compressor unit and keep the area clean for increased air circulation and more efficient home cooling.
- If your unit is outside, you can shade it to increase efficiency but be sure not to impede air circulation.
- Turning a home cooling unit off or more than 6-8 degrees higher at night or when you're gone for the day can cause the unit to work harder to cool the space when turned back on. Long holidays would be the exception to this rule.
- Consider closing air conditioning vents in rooms not often used, especially those in bathrooms or laundry rooms. Do not close any vents near thermostats, as this can cause an inaccurate reading and unnecessary running.
- Not just doors to the outside, also try closing bedroom doors to keep the cool air in, especially if you have high or vaulted ceilings or a two-story home.
- Closing curtains helps deflect sunlight. Providing curtains/ blinds /sun film on windows reduces heat input into the room.
- Double-paned windows, well-insulated walls help to save energy by keeping the cool air indoors. Consider recycled blue jean or paper insulation.
- Insulating the ceiling which is exposed to the sun with 50 mm thermocole drastically reduces heat input into the room.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
Check the progress of your repair
Samsung is pleased to offer Chatbot support for Samsung products related queries. You can also choose to connect with our Live Chat agent.
Services available 24 Hours a day / 7 Days a week
We'll respond within 24 hours of your request.
Log in with your Samsung Account and join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In India Only 24 Hours a day / 7 Days a week
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In Bangladesh Only 8AM - 10PM / 7 days a week
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In Sri Lanka
Only 8.30AM - 6.30PM / Mon ~ Sat
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In Nepal Only 8AM - 8PM / 7 Days a week
Dial as per your country
* For any printer related enquiries, please visit the HP website .