Why there is an 'Abnormal noise' from the refrigerator?
Noise may be due to various reasons:
The bubbling sound you hear is normal. It is caused by refrigerant gas moving through the pipes in your refrigerator as the refrigerator cools or freezes your food.
This noise is normal. It occurs when the interior components contract or expand as the refrigerator is cooling or the interior temperature changes after the temperature has been reset.
The buzzing noise you hear is the sound of the refrigerator compressor running. The noise is normal. You will also hear a noise when the refrigerator compressor starts at the beginning of a cooling cycle and when it shuts off.
It can be also heard after getting water from the door dispenser. The noise should not last longer than 7 seconds.
Some Samsung refrigerators are equipped with a door alarm which will beep whenever the door is left open or not closed completely. Here are some things to check:
● Make sure that the door's path is free from obstruction.
● Make sure that there are no objects in the refrigerator preventing the door from closing.
● If the rubber door seals are dirty, the door will not close properly. Clean the doors with a mild detergent and damp cloth. Then wipe with a dry cloth.
Note: Never let any oil or grease come into contact with the plastic fittings or door seals as these materials easily become porous.
● Hinges: If you have recently removed the doors of the refrigerator, the hinge bolts or hinge cover screws may be loose.
● Make sure the Refrigerator is leveled. If the freezer door is lower than the refrigerator door, insert a common (flat-head) screwdriver in a slot of the control lever on the freezer side and turn it clockwise.
● If the freezer door is higher than the refrigerator door, insert a common (flat-head) screwdriver in a slot of the control lever on the refrigerator side and turn it clockwise.
● If there is significant frost accumulation in the freezer, it may obstruct the free operation of the fans which could produce a rattling noise.
This noise will be heard about 4 seconds after removing a glass from a dispenser. This is the sound of the dispenser chute closing. Hence, This is normal.
This is normal. It can be heard when the icemaker fills with water.
This is normal. It can be heard when the ice maker dumps ice cubes into ice bucket.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
Check the progress of your repair
Samsung is pleased to offer Chatbot support for Samsung products related queries. You can also choose to connect with our Live Chat agent.
We'll respond within 24 hours of your request.
Log in with your Samsung Account and join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In India
24 Hours a day / 7 Days a week
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In Bangladesh
8AM - 10PM / 7 days a week
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In Sri Lanka
8AM - 6.30PM / Mon ~ Sat
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In Nepal
8AM - 8PM / 7 Days a week
Dial as per your country
* For any printer related enquiries, please visit the HP website .
Find out more about how you can get face-to-face help.