When you scan your fingerprint on the device, be aware of the following conditions that may affect the fingerprint recognition feature’s performance:
• The device may not recognize fingerprints that are affected by wrinkles or scars.
• The Bixby key has a built-in fingerprint recognition sensor. Ensure that the fingerprint recognition sensor is not scratched or damaged by metal objects, such as coins, keys, and necklaces.
• Covering the fingerprint recognition sensor with protective films, stickers, or other accessories may decrease the fingerprint recognition rate. If the fingerprint recognition sensor is initially covered with a protective film, remove it before using the fingerprint recognition sensor.
• Ensure that the fingerprint recognition sensor and your fingers are clean and dry.
• If you bend your finger or use a fingertip, the device may not recognize your fingerprint. Make sure to cover the entire fingerprint recognition sensor with your finger.
• In dry environments, static electricity can build up in the device. Avoid using this feature in dry environments or before using the feature, discharge static electricity by touching a metal object.