How do I restart my Galaxy Note8 if device appears to be frozen or not responding?
If your device is frozen and unresponsive, you may need to close apps or turn off the device and turn it on again. If your device is frozen and unresponsive, press and hold the Power key and the Volume down key simultaneously for more than 7 seconds to restart it.
If after restarting the device you still find your device freezes sometimes or is sometimes unresponsive, there are some actions you can try to help correct this symptom:
1. Use the Galaxy Note8 Device maintenance menu to help optimize the device and check for “Malware” . (SMART Manager may not be available depending on the region or service provider)
2. Create memory space
3. Check for SW updates for your device
4. Check your device in “Safe mode”
5. Perform a Factory data reset of the device. Before performing the factory data reset, remember to make backup copies of all important data stored in the device.
Related links :
I want to view applications in full screen mode. Can I hide the navigation bar?
The screen brightness adjustment bar does not appear on the notification panel. How do I do to appear it ?
How can I add shortcut to Home screen or delete shortcut on NOTE8 (SM-N950) ?
How do I replace the S Pen nib ?
How do I charge the battery of Galaxy Note8 (SM-N950) ?
How do I format the memory card on my Galaxy Note8 (SM-N950) ?
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
Check the progress of your repair
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
All Days 9AM to 9PM
We'll respond within 24 hours of your request.
Log in with your Samsung Account and join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In India
24 Hours a day / 7 Days a week
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In Bangladesh
8AM - 10PM / 7 days a week
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In Sri Lanka
8AM - 6.30PM / Mon ~ Sat
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In Nepal
8AM - 8PM / 7 Days a week
Dial as per your country
* For any printer related enquiries, please visit the HP website .