What is Wi-Fi Tethering in Samsung Smartphones?
Wi-Fi Tethering is a feature in Samsung Android Smartphones that allows you to share the Internet Connection in your device with other Devices. This feature when turned On makes your phone as an acting Router and it becomes capable of giving rights to other devices which are paired with the router.
Following are few of its salient features :
● It is secured as one can give passwords to protect the tethered Network.
● At a time, It can allow only 8 devices to be tethered.
● Wi-fi Tethering makes your device a access point which can share 3G network or other
Wi-Fi based network as well.
● During Tethering , your device can not be used as a normal phone with applications or other functions.
● It gets activated with one click which is quicker to connect.
Error while Wi-Fi Connection:
Sometimes while connecting with Wi-Fi , you will witness that some error prevents enabling Wi-Fi connection. The various symptoms related to the issue are:
● None of the Wifi toggle buttons work to turn on Wi-Fi .
● When examining the Wi-Fi settings, the status will show either "Error" or "Turning on" .
● Wi-Fi displays "Turning on" for longer that 2 minutes and stays in that state.
● "Error" gets displayed when attempting to turn it back on from the Settings Screen.
Free RAM Memory is low on the device. You need to view the RAM Manager of your device and need to free the memory space to make it above 45 MB free . This will probably rectify the Wi-Fi error problem.
CLICK HERE to know How to reduce RAM usage in Samsung Galaxy Grand (GT-I9082).
CLICK HERE to know How to enable Wi-Fi Tethering in Samsung Smartphone.
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
Check the progress of your repair
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
All Days 9AM to 9PM
We'll respond within 24 hours of your request.
Log in with your Samsung Account and join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In India
24 Hours a day / 7 Days a week
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In Bangladesh
8AM - 10PM / 7 days a week
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In Sri Lanka
8AM - 6.30PM / Mon ~ Sat
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In Nepal
8AM - 8PM / 7 Days a week
Dial as per your country
* For any printer related enquiries, please visit the HP website .