What are the new Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+ Specs?
Please Note: The information on this page is for New Zealand products only. Sequences or settings will vary depending on location and/or where the product had been purchased. To be redirected to your local support page please click here.
· The S9 has a single lens rear camera while the S9+ has a dual rear camera. Both phones have the same Super Speed Dual Pixel 12MP AF sensor with Dual Aperture at F1.5 and F2.4. F-stop 1.5 allows for clearer and more vivid shots.
· The S9+ has an additional 12MP telephoto lens which will enable you to capture 10x maximum digital zoom and 2x optical zoom for that crisp photos even with camera shake and in the low lights.
· Both S9 and S9+ has the new Super Slow-mo ability to help you capture the smoothest slow-mo video at 960 frames per second. Please note: Super Slow-mo only supports HD resolution and is limited to 20 shots per video with approximately 0.2 seconds of recording and 6.4 seconds of playback for each shot.
· S9+'s rear cameras have Live Focus with bokeh filters so you can achieve more appealing photos by blurring out the background and focusing on the subject. Additionally, both S9 and S9+'s 8MP front camera has Selfie Focus that you can use in preview mode for a real-time background blur effect.
· With Augmented Reality (AR) Emoji, you can use your selfie to create a 3D avatar of yourself and customise it with different looks from the head down. Up to 18 different animated emojis could be generated automatically as you take your portrait.
· Camera modes are presented in a redesigned user interface, in a wheel format which you can slide to choose themode that you would want to use.
· The S9 and S9+ have slimmer upper and lower bezels, pushing the Infinity Display closer to the edge. The S9 is thinner than S8 by 0.48mm in the upper bezel and 0.76mm in the lower bezel. The S9+ is thinner than S8+ by 0.39mm in the upper bezel and 1.01mm in the lower bezel.
· The Infinity Display is covered in a low reflective film, making the display and bezels look seamless and more immersive. The iris sensor is hidden in a hole on the upper bezel to highlight the stunning Infinity Display. With the relocation of the fingerprint sensor beneath the camera, S9 and S9+'s rear design has become user-friendly.
· Three stylish colours: Midnight Black, Coral Blue and the new Lilac Purple. Colour availability will vary by country.
· The S9 and S9+ run on more powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 and Exynos 9810 processors with
maximum clock speed of 2.8GHz and 2.7GHz, respectively. Please note that
processor availability will vary by country.
· The S9 has 4GB RAM while the S9+
has 6GB. Both phones have storage options 64GB, 128GB and 256GB. Additionally,
microSD slot supports an expansion of up to 400GB.
· Two stereo speakers are tuned by AKG, rendering clear, distortion free sound.
Thanks to Dolby Atmos, these speakers surround you a three-dimensional sound
for that cinematic experience.
· Intelligent Scan is the latest addition to our most advanced security technology. It
instantly unlocks when and where you need to use a combination of face
recognition and iris scan. When face recognition needs help, iris scan kicks in
to verify you--and vice versa. Please note that accuracy of the technology may
differ depending on surrounding conditions.
· The S9 is powered by a 3,000mAh battery while the S9+ is powered by a 3,500mAh battery.
In comparison to their predecessors which have the same batteries, the new
phones have been optimised to last a couple of hours more in music playback and
· The S9 and S9+ run on Android 8.0 Oreo.
Thank you for your feedback!