What is Live Focus on the Samsung Galaxy S9+?
In this FAQ:
· What is Live Focus and how to use it?
· What is Selfie Focus and how to use it?
· What are the different Samsung Galaxy camera modes?
· How to manage camera modes?
What is Live Focus and how to use it?
Live Focus is a new camera feature available in the Galaxy S9+. It allows the wide-angle and telephoto rear cameras to capture the subject and background separately, resulting in photos with a clear focus on the subject and an out-of-focus background.
· Live Focus with bokeh filters can produce way more stunning portraits. By applying bokeh filters, background lights turn into shapes, adding sparkle to the scene. Choose among a variety of glittering light shapes such as heart, star, butterfly, note, rabbit, snow, aeroplane, flower, twinkle and heptagon.
· Image Classification Solution automatically categorises images and recognises subjects' surroundings to apply filters that make the photos look like they were taken by a professional photographer.
· With Dual Capture, the camera can capture a Live Focus image zoomed in on the subject and a photo with a wide angle background, all in one shot. It is highly recommended to position yourself about 1-1.5 m away from the subject. If you want to focus on the subject, shoot at a closer range. For best results, use Live Focus in a place that has enough light.
There are two ways to use Live Focus in the S9+ -- as you take a photo (In Camera) or after you take one (In Gallery).
1. Tap Camera App > tap LIVE FOCUS.
2. Drag the background blur adjustment bar to the left or right to adjust the focus on your subject and background blur.
3. Take a photo!
1. Go to Gallery > Tap the
photo that you want to increase the background blur.
2. Select ADJUST BACKGROUND BLUR.
3. Drag the background blur adjustment bar to the left or right to adjust the focus on your subject and background blur > Save.
What is Selfie Focus and how to use it?
Selfie Focus is a new camera feature for S9/S9+. Functional only in preview mode, it gives you a real-time background blur effect for your selfies.
1. Open Camera.
2. On the preview screen, swipe upwards or downwards. Or, tap the switch camera icon to use the front for self-portraits.
3. On the shooting modes, tap SELFIE FOCUS.
4. Face the camera and tap the camera button to take a shot.
What are the different Samsung Galaxy camera modes?
How to manage camera modes
In the camera preview screen, tap and hold a camera mode to access the following options:
· Rearrange camera modes: Touch and hold a mode, and then drag it to rearrange the order of the modes.
· Toggle on/off a camera mode: A mode shortcut lets you quickly open the camera directly in your favourite mode. Mark the checkbox next to the shortcuts you want to add to the Home screen.
Thank you for your feedback!
Need more help? Contact Us.
24 hours / 7 days a week
0800 M SAMSUNG
24 hours / 7 days a week
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .
Find out more about how you can get face-to-face help.