IPX8-rated water resistance for Galaxy Z Fold3/Z Flip3?
- IP(International protection or Ingress protection) rating is a protection identification code related to solids and liquids that have been designated by the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC 60529) to show an electric device’s durability against foreign impact and foreign substance influx. The first digit represents the dust resistance rating (0~6) while the second digit represents the water resistance rating (0~8)- Galaxy Z Fold3 and Galaxy Z Flip3 are both rated as IPX8. IPX8 is based on testing conditions where the device is submerged in up to 1.5 meters of freshwater for up to 30 minutes. These devices are not advised for beach or pool use, and they are not dust-resistant.
- IPX8-rated water resistance is only guaranteed when your device is free of any damage. If your device is exposed to the rain for an extended period of time or becomes submerged due to heavy rain, IPX8-rated water resistance is no longer guaranteed.
- If you accidentally submerge your device in unclean water (e.g., salt water, ion water, alcohol-infused liquids, etc.), please be aware that your device may no longer be guaranteed IPX8-rated water resistance.
- The Galaxy Z Fold3 and Galaxy Z Flip3 devices may not charge properly if the USB port is wet from humidity, moisture, or water. If so, your device may display a caution notification text with the water recognition icon on both the notification panel and the AOD screen to notify you of the risk of short circuits and damage to the device.
- In such situations, use a soft cloth to dry the device thoroughly and keep it in a well-ventilated area for a certain period of time before use.
- Additionally, for faster drying, it is recommended that you hold the device with the speaker facing down and gently shake it a few times.
Dry your phone thoroughly with a clean, soft cloth.
Dry the device thoroughly in a cool setting, preferably one that is well ventilated and not under extreme light.
Turn the phone off and submerge it in fresh water for 1~3 minutes.
Dry it thoroughly with a clean, soft cloth.
If you cannot visit a service center right away, dry the device thoroughly in a cool setting, preferably one that is well ventilated and not under extreme light.
- Avoid drying your device with a hair dryer as it may cause additional damage due to the heat.
- If you spill a drink/alcoholic drink/coffee on your device, simply clean it with fresh water. However, spilling hot or sticky liquids on your device may cause additional damage.
- IPX8 water resistance is supported on your device, which means your device will function properly even after being submerged in fresh water for up to 30 minutes under specific conditions (15~35 ℃, 86-106 kPa, up to 1.5m depth).
- Water resistance is only guaranteed under the IPX8-rated water resistance conditions. If your device becomes sullied, wash with a clean cloth before use. If further issues arise, it is recommended that you visit an authorized service center for assistance.
- At our service centers, we use our testing tools to check if the water resistance function is working under the IPX8 conditions. If it is properly working, we diagnose that the problem occurred because the user was using the device under conditions that exceeded the IPX8 rating. On the contrary, if it is found that your device’s water resistance function is not working properly, you are subject to free repairs within the warranty period.
- Please be aware that the water resistance function of your device may be limited when exposed to water below 15℃, above 35℃, or under other situations not guaranteed by Samsung.
- Any repaired devices are tested again against the standards of a new device's water and dust resistance values by applying the same test algorithm at all our Samsung service centers. This process guarantees that the repaired device performs identically to a new one.
Thank you for your feedback!
Please answer all questions.