How to charge the battery on Samsung Galaxy Watch Active?
Charge the battery of your Galaxy Watch Active before using it for the first time or when it has been unused for extended periods.
• Use only authentic chargers and wireless charging dock purchased from our Samsung Experience Stores or Authorized Dealers. The use of other chargers or wireless charging dock can cause the battery to explode or damage the Galaxy Watch Active.
• Use the supplied wireless charging dock and charger. The Galaxy Watch Active cannot be charged properly with a third-party charger.
• Connecting the charger improperly may cause serious damage to the device. Any damage caused by misuse is not covered by the warranty.
• The charger received in the Galaxy S10 Unpacked package can be used to charge both the mobile device and the Galaxy Buds. If you need additional charger, you can purchase at Samsung Experience Store.
Check the charging status
Press any of the Galaxy Watch Active’s keys to turn on the screen while it is on the wireless charger.
While charging the battery when the Galaxy Watch Active is turned off, the Power (Thunder icon) appears on the screen and you can tap on the screen to check the charging status.
Power saving mode
Activate power saving mode to extend the battery’s usage time.
• Displays color on the screen as grey tones
• Deactivates the Wi-Fi network
• Limits the performance of the Galaxy Watch Active’s CPU
On the Apps screen, tap Settings > Battery > Power saving > Tick icon. Alternatively, tap Battery icon > Tick icon on the quick panel to activate power saving mode.
To deactivate this mode, tap Turn off at the bottom of the power saving mode screen and tap Tick icon. Alternatively, tap Battery icon on the quick panel to deactivate power saving mode.
Battery charging tips and precautions
• Avoiding having the Galaxy Watch Active and wireless charging dock come in contact with sweat, liquids, or dust
• When the battery power is low, the battery icon appears empty
• If the battery is completely discharged, the Galaxy Watch Active cannot be turned on immediately when the charger is connected. Allow a depleted battery to charge for a few minutes before turning on the Galaxy Watch
• If you use multiple Apps at once, the battery will drain quickly. To avoid losing power during a data transfer, always use these Apps after fully charging the battery
• Using a power source other than the charger, such as a computer, may result in a slower charging speed due to a lower electric current
• If the Galaxy Watch Active is being charged with other devices via a multi charger, charging may take longer
• The Galaxy Watch Active can be used while it is charging, but it may take longer to fully charge the battery
• If the Galaxy Watch Active receives an unstable power supply while charging, the touchscreen may not function. If this happens, disconnect the Galaxy Watch Active from the wireless charging dock
• While charging, the Galaxy Watch Active may heat up. This is normal and should not affect the Galaxy Watch Active’s lifespan or performance. If the battery gets hotter than usual, the charger may stop charging
• If the Galaxy Watch Active is not charging properly, take the device to a Samsung Service Centre
• Avoid using a bent or damaged USB cable
Thank you for your feedback!
Need more help? Contact Us.
Monday to Sunday (Including Public Holidays)
Open 24 hours
* For any printer related enquiries, please visit HP website .
Find out more about how you can get face-to-face help.