How to ensure heart rate is accurate on Samsung Galaxy Watch Active?
To measure your heart rate more accurately with the Galaxy Watch Active, wear it firmly around your lower arm just above the wrist.
Wearing the Galaxy Watch Active correctly
• When you activate the auto heart rate tracking feature, or when the Galaxy Watch Active recognizes your
exercise, the Galaxy Watch Active will automatically track your heartrate When measuring your heart rate, wear the Galaxy Watch Active snugly on your arm above your wrist as shown in the figure below.
• If you fasten the Galaxy Watch Active too tightly, skin irritation may occur. If you fasten it too loosely, friction may occur
• The accuracy of the heart rate sensor may be diminished depending on measurement conditions and surroundings
• Use the HR feature only for measuring your heart rate
• Do not look directly at the heart rate sensor’s lights. Doing so may impair your vision
• Cold ambient temperatures may affect your measurement; during winter or cold weather, keep yourself warm when checking your heart rate
• Take heart rate measurements when you are seated and relaxed. Do not move your body while taking heart rate measurements. Doing so may cause your heart rate to be recorded inaccurately
• If you receive a reading that is very different from your expected heart rate, rest for 30 minutes and then measure again
• Smoking or consuming alcohol before taking measurements may cause your heart rate to be different from your normal heart rate
• Do not talk, yawn, or breathe deeply while taking heart rate measurements. Doing so may cause your heart rate to be recorded inaccurately
• Because the heart rate sensor uses light to approximate heart rate, its accuracy may vary due to physical factors that affect light absorption and reflection, such as blood circulation/blood pressure, skin condition and location and concentration of blood vessels. In addition, if your heart rate is extremely high or low, measurements may be inaccurate
• Users with thin wrists may receive inaccurate heart rate measurements when the device is loose, causing the light to be reflected unevenly. If heart rate measurement is not working properly, adjust the position of the device’s heart rate sensor to the right, left, up, or down on your wrist, or turn the device so the heart rate sensor sits firmly against the inside of your wrist
• If the heart rate sensor is dirty, wipe the sensor and try again. Obstructions between the device’s band and your wrist, such as body hair, dirt, or other objects may prevent the light from reflecting evenly. Please make sure you remove such obstructions before use
• If your device becomes hot to the touch, please remove it until it cools. Exposing skin to a hot surface of the device for a long time may cause skin burn
• When certain materials come into contact with the back of the Galaxy Watch Active, your Galaxy Watch Active may recognize that you are wearing it on your wrist
• If your Galaxy Watch Active does not register that a motion has occurred for more than 10 minutes, your Galaxy Watch Active may recognize that you are not wearing it on your wrist
Thank you for your feedback!
Need more help? Contact Us.
(1800 GALAXY S)
For Mobile Device and Samsung App Enquiries
For other Products Enquires
Monday to Sunday (Including Public Holidays)
Open 24 hours
* For any printer related enquiries, please visit HP website .
Please take note on the revised operating hours for all our Service Centres during this period:
1) Causeway Point
2) Plaza Singapura
Monday to Saturday - 11:00am to 07:00pm
Sunday and Public Holiday - 11:00am to 05:00pm