What is Reactivation lock, and how do I use it on my Samsung Galaxy S6 (Verizon)?
Reactivation lock lets you use your Samsung account to prevent others from activating your device if it's ever lost or stolen. With Reactivation lock turned on, you will be required to enter your Samsung account credentials prior to performing a factory reset on the device, so your Samsung account login should be something you can easily remember.
This feature is not the same as Device lock, which is the password, PIN, or other method used to unlock your device when it has been turned off or inactive.
Turn On Reactivation Lock
- From the Home screen, touch Apps .
- Touch Settings .
- Touch the PERSONAL tab.
- Touch Lock screen and security .
- Touch Find My Mobile.
Note: You will be prompted to log in to your Samsung account.
- Touch the slider to turn Reactivation lock on .
- Review the information and touch OK.
- When resetting your device, you will be prompted to confirm your Samsung account password.
- Your device will reboot and reset.
Thank you for your feedback!