Keep your mobile up-to-date, safely and quickly
Upgrade to the latest software available for your phone, and enjoy enhancements likenew features, extra speed, improved functionality, OS upgrade and fixed for any bug.
What is benefits of software upgrade?
Release the up-to-date software version continuously for:
1. Improvements of performance and stability.
2. Resolve the potential problems by fixing bugs and errors.
3. OS upgrade and new features experience.
How to check for the latest software version?
Option 1. OTA(over the air) without cable
Go to Settings > (More) > About device > Software update > update
Before upgrade by OTA,
- Recommend using a proper Wi-Fi network to avoid abnormal carrier data fee.
- Make sure to charge the battery (more than 50% capacity) and to have the enough device memory. (at least 1GB )
- Do not remove the battery during upgrade.
- Do not use the rooted device.
Option 2. Computer with a cable
Install the 'Kies' and run it after connecting your phone. Simply follow the instructions shown in the 'Kies' software upgrade menu.
Option 3. Visiting the shops
Samsung Experience Shops(SES) are supporting the Smart Service* with software upgrade. Ask software upgrade service to Samsung experience Consultant at Samsung Experience Shop; you can enjoy the Samsung device, its accessories and contents freely during the upgrade time.
* Smart Service may not be available in some shops under space condition.
- Q. I'm concerned about my personal data loss like contacts and photos after software upgrade.
- A. All user data is preserved after upgrade. However, we recommend you backup the data before upgrade.
- Q. When I use OTA software upgrade wirelessly, I found the packet data is necessary. Does it charge the fee?
- A. It's depend on the policy of your network provider. It's recommended to use the available Wi-Fi network.
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
We'll respond your query quickly.
Contact the dedicated CEO's Office.
Log in with your Samsung Account and join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
UAE : 24 Hours Hotline number
Qatar : 24 Hours Hotline number
Kuwait : 24 Hours Hotline number
Bahrain : 24 Hours Hotline number
Oman : 24 Hours Hotline number
Samsung PAY (UAE only) : 24 Hours Hotline number
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .
Search the nearest Samsung Service Centers in your area.