How to use “Find my earbuds”
With no cords or wires to untangle, the Galaxy Buds and Gear IconX earbuds are meant to be worn on the go. However, if the earbuds are lost, you can use the “Find My Earbuds” feature in the Galaxy Wearable app to locate them.
Search for your missing earbuds
This application comes downloaded by default in the “Samsung” folder. If you do not have this app, please download it from “Galaxy Store” or “Play Store”.
If the feature is not working
The “Find my earbuds” feature connects to the earbuds through an IR sensor. If external nearby sources interfere with the signal, the connection may be interrupted and the beeping may not be heard properly.
The following functions might also have difficulties working correctly if the IR signal is obstructed:
- Automatic mute when you take off the earbuds.
- Earbud control touchpad.
Try closing and opening the earbud case to reactivate the Bluetooth pairing mode. If the issue persists, please contact an Authorised Samsung Service Centre.
Please note: Ensure your earbuds are within the 10 metre connection range of the Bluetooth device, although this distance may vary depending on the environment. The earbuds must be powered on and connected with the app for this feature to work.
- Follow all posted warnings and directions from authorised personnel in areas where the use of wireless devices is restricted, such as aeroplanes and hospitals.
- The Galaxy Buds must be charged before you can use the earbuds.
- Ensure that the latest version of the Galaxy Wearable app is installed on the mobile device.
- Galaxy Buds (Hong-Kong version) sold separately.
- All features can be subject to change.
- This document is only applicable to Galaxy Buds (Hong-Kong version).
- This document was updated in March 2019 and for reference only.
- All specifications and descriptions provided herein may be different from the actual specifications and descriptions for the product. Samsung reserves the right to make changes to this document and the product described herein, at anytime, without obligation on Samsung to provide notification of such change. All functionality, features, specifications, GUI and other product information provided in this document including, but not limited to, the benefits, design, pricing, components, performance, availability, and capabilities of the product are subject to change without notice or obligation.